Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mass thank you

1. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!

Love Mass thank you

Advertisements
    Last night I was talking with a good friend about life not working out the way we expect & came to a realization. If life had worked out the way I planned I think it might really suck. I would not have my DH or my two adorable little boys (or one adorable little boy & one tolerable toddler ) or any of the amazing friends I have made on here. So I want to share a thank you to a few people who have really been a wonderful impact on my life lately.

To Sandykay- thank you for being there to listen to my crazy on FB & for being the wonderfully calm influence that you are on the boards. I think the level of maturity you express daily is amazing & I really hope you know how much I appreciate it.

Caimbrie- wow you are super mom Thanks to you for also listening to my craziness and for the amazing information you share constantly that really empowers me to stick to the choices I make for my kids.

Daysgoby- another amazing mom who has help give me the strength & knowledge to do so many of the things I do with my boys that my mom & other mommy influences kind of think are crazy

Jayo- thank you for being a mommy & friend. Thank you for talking me off the cliff of insecurity I was hanging on earlier this year.

ncgirl- thank you for being such a joy to talk to & hang out with. Thank you for understanding how much I hate engineers & why & that I can still be friends with you! And thank you for taking such pleasure in just cuddling my little baby

Laura- thank you for dinner! You have no idea how amazing it was to have tacos tonight without having to cook! And thank you for keeping me sane in this place- I am really going to miss you!

Hope.- I you and I think that is about all I need to say Thank you for letting me brainwash your child into being a Yellow Jackets fan, thank you for listening to me on days I am down, thank you for thinking that I may actually have something useful to share & say. Thank you for being you.

Experiment 626- There is not enough I can say to express my gratitude for all you have done over the last two years. Thank you for A & her skills at teaching D to crawl & walk (we won't mention the 'no' and 'mine' ), thank you for marrying that PITA DH of yours so mine has someone to be stupid with, thank you for putting up with the physical abuse my child bestows on yours. This week started out really hard and you really made a HUGE change. You have let me live at your house, show up with just 24 hours notice with my rambunctious child & totally hyper active furballs, you have cooked me amazing meals & graciously eaten things I have made even though you don't really like them, you give gifts like every day is my birthday- you even gave me girl scout cookies. When I share my insanity you don't even flinch. Good lord you sat in the Food Lion parking lot waiting for Hope. to drive my child's stuffed animal out so he could sleep (yeah Hope. you still win for queen of the world on that one!). Thank you for just being the amazing woman you are.

To anyone else I have forgotten- thank you for being the amazing group of women that you are.

For anyone new here- everyone listed here I met because of this place. If you are honest and willing you can really make some of the most amazing friends you will ever have and if you ever have one of those night when you wonder when the heck your life plan turned upside down there will be at least one person you can rely on to have BTDT.
  2. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    I love this post. I'm glad you're happy with life.
  3. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    I love this post. I'm glad you're happy with life.
    Thanks. I am not really happy with life right now but these folks constantly remind me to hold on to & be happy with life as it is right now. I am doing what I can to change the things I don't like but doing my best to wallow in the joy of all the things that really make my life amazing.
  4. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

Aww wow, Gwynn, I'm speechless. (and that's saying alot). . You mean so much to me and listened to me cry many nights while encouraging me to think positive. I'm also glad you turned my oldest son on to good taste in sports.
    I you!!

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  5. was ncgirl
    was ncgirl
    It is amazing for me to talk to someone that understands my engineering world and my military world!! And understand how engineers suck, they didnt tell me that in school. I've had such a hard time lately with my job, and I felt so relieved talking to someone who understands! I cant tell you how you made ME feel better last night! Im not crazy for moving an hour away from my cute little bubble and taking the biggest risk of my life to be with the man I love. Im just crazy for other reasons :p

And Im going to steal you and Hope's babies!!! So stinkin' cute, words can not describe! I cant believe I put a little angel to sleep in my arms last night, I was on cloud nine.

Here's to many more nights of me living down the street (hopefully soon!) and you coming to visit!

Adventures In Love
    Follow Me: http://inthemiddletoday.blogspot.com/<----Started blogging again Updated 9/06/2012
    yeah, after a very long time of not using it I am trying to blog again!
  6. Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    thats so sweet.
    i feel the same way about some of these ladies.
  7. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
  8. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope. View Post
    Aww wow, Gwynn, I'm speechless. (and that's saying alot). . You mean so much to me and listened to me cry many nights while encouraging me to think positive. I'm also glad you turned my oldest son on to good taste in sports.
    I you!!
    Any time you need me I plan on being there cause I know you will do the same

Quote Originally Posted by ncgirl View Post
    It is amazing for me to talk to someone that understands my engineering world and my military world!! And understand how engineers suck, they didnt tell me that in school. I've had such a hard time lately with my job, and I felt so relieved talking to someone who understands! I cant tell you how you made ME feel better last night! Im not crazy for moving an hour away from my cute little bubble and taking the biggest risk of my life to be with the man I love. Im just crazy for other reasons :p

And Im going to steal you and Hope's babies!!! So stinkin' cute, words can not describe! I cant believe I put a little angel to sleep in my arms last night, I was on cloud nine.

Here's to many more nights of me living down the street (hopefully soon!) and you coming to visit!
    I so love that you can say that

I really do hope you guys end up right in that area 'cause it is a good balance of both your worlds & every time I come visit I will get to see you!
  9. was ncgirl
    was ncgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by princessgwynn View Post
    Any time you need me I plan on being there cause I know you will do the same

I so love that you can say that

I really do hope you guys end up right in that area 'cause it is a good balance of both your worlds & every time I come visit I will get to see you!
    After we left DB was like ok, ready? This morning he woke up and said, ok, I've had time to think about it some more... how fast can you rent your house? We really liked the area, this weekend we're going to look around at other neighborhoods too, but we both really liked the area.

I've been doing a happy dance all day!

Adventures In Love
    Follow Me: http://inthemiddletoday.blogspot.com/<----Started blogging again Updated 9/06/2012
    yeah, after a very long time of not using it I am trying to blog again!
  10. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

Being friends with you ladies is like the party that never ends.

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast