Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you know he was "the one"

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Question How did you know he was "the one"

Advertisements
    This is for all of you who know or knew your husband, fiance, or boyfriend is "the one". How did you know?
  2. Am
    I know this sounds really cliche but I just knew. It was kind of like an intuition thing.
  3. Senior Member
    I just knew. Everything just felt right... and still does
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I think I know the feeling but I'm scared to say it because I thought i was in love before and it ended obviously. Something just feels different with this one. I know he'll never leave me and we just work. I gotta admit I'm nervous but not scared. I know he'll always take care of me and I'll take care of him.
  5. Am
    Quote Originally Posted by jessym View Post
    I think I know the feeling but I'm scared to say it because I thought i was in love before and it ended obviously. Something just feels different with this one. I know he'll never leave me and we just work. I gotta admit I'm nervous but not scared. I know he'll always take care of me and I'll take care of him.
    I've been in relationships that didn't last and there was always this apprehension with them. I never felt that with DH. We dated for a few years before getting married but we've known since we met that this was going to work.

It's normal to be nervous.
  6. Regular Member
    I knew because of what it felt like to be with him, it was like all my worries and pain just disappeared when I was beside him and he just makes me the happiest girl on earth
    Once a cheater, always a cheater, I am so done with you!...SINGLE and Time to partayyyyyy!
  7. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    I have no idea how I knew! DH and I met in real life after a year-ish of email, IM and phone calls. We met for 10 days, and I just kinda knew!
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    I know. I knew months and months ago. He is mine. I refuse to give him up. I love him. When he is ready, I will be there to say I do. I cannot wait.

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    ahh mine was very cliche..I just kinda know..another thing is we've gone through ALOT in our relationship and have stayed strong. and Im not kidding when i say alot. LOL
  10. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Even if G doesn't know it yet, I know he's the one for me.

Here's the backstory:

After last year, I was through with everyone in my life. My father commited suicide and then 7 months to the day my mother passed away from complications from alcoholism. Basically, her organs started shutting down. Not to mention inbetween them both, I lost 2 great aunts. Now, I'm just like everyone else when it comes to losing loved ones. I cry, scream, throw things, etc. I'm a very spiritual person so I started praying to my father to let me know when the right guy for me was there because I was sick and tired of doing the dating dance.

I was at school one night, waiting for my ride to show up. My sister and her husband had just had a baby that past month so naturally they were both exhausted and had fallen asleep. Well, being stranded at my school isn't something you want to be at night, lol. Anywho, I had gotten in touch with my sister and brother in law and they were on their way to come pick me up.

G and I had spoken on one or two ocassions before this but just chit chatty stuff. "Hey, how's it going?" etc. . .So anyway, G comes out of class and we start talking about a story on the news that was on about the psychology of why people change when they meet someone they're interested in. I made some comment on why anyone would be someone they're not in order to impress someone else because eventually their true personality would come out. I'm not sure how or what or why but when I looked at him, I heard this beautiful other worldly music. It was so beautiful and since my father loved music so much, I thought it was a message from him.

Now truth be told, my father was more of a metal head than chamber music type but it was obvious to me that it was a message from him to me because I heard my father's voice in my head saying "This is THE guy for you." It kinda freaked me out because I'm not used to that sort of thing happening but I always listen to my "inner voice". I asked G if he'd like my number (I don't know why I did because I've NEVER done that before or since) and he did and I gave it to him. So we went out to a movie and dinner that weekend and we've been together through some great and not so great times since then, but I feel we're on an upswing in this time.

Okay, that's my story, lol.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast