Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need your best ideas....

1. Senior Member

I need your best ideas....

Advertisements
    DBF's birthday is coming up and I want to send a box stuffed with home-made goodies but I don't know what will last the 10 plus days it takes to get mail to him. Any ideas on what to make that will still be fresh when he gets it?
    I was thinking perhaps fudge, carmel apples, maybe trail mix? I'd like to send cookies or brownies too but not sure if they will be stale....What do you send?!
  2. Senior Member
    What I've done sending baked goods just here in the states is wrapping them individually with plastic wrap, then putting that in a ziploc and just packing/wrapping it all real snug...I haven't done the overseas thing yet though.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    The cookies and brownies seem a bit risky. Try some peppermint bark perhaps? Always a given. Carmel apples should be fine. Just keep things super snug. When I was sending stuff to DB in the sandbox a few years back I did the peppermint bark thing. He loved it, you just gotta make sure it's foiled, saran wrapped, and bagged.

Good luck!
  4. And can I get a hot tub?!?
    And can I get a hot tub?!?
    It took almost a month for my Bf to get the snickerdoodles I made him. I put them in a ziplock airtight bag.

It's a bag and you buy it with a pump that sucks all the air out of it. Just be careful not to get crumbs in the seal, other wise it doesn't work as well.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    puppy chow?

I <3 Thirty-One! Summer Catalog is here! Ship to APO/FPO Join my team today!
  6. Can Anybody Find Me, Somebody To Love
    Can Anybody Find Me, Somebody To Love
    Ive never done overseas but i sent DF cookies that took 7-10 days to arrive, what i did was put them in ziplock bags with a twist tie for extra tightness lol but i also put a slice of bread in the bag. Im not sure how it works but its great at keeping cookies and brownies soft and moist. After the twist tie i put the bags in cute little cardboard box that i taped shut. Yeah i might have gone to extremes to keep them fresh lol
    DF and his buddies like the Oatmeal Cranberry White chocolate chunk cookies the best

Married to my Msos Wifey Hoots since 9-24-2010

7. Senior Member
    Thanks for the ideas so far, I love the peppermint bark idea! I wonder if a slice of bread works better than packing the baked items in dry popcorn....hum...keep the ideas coming!
  8. eres el amor de mi vida <33
    eres el amor de mi vida <33
    I like the idea of puppy chow.
    Also cakes in a jar if you have the ability to properly sanitize the jars.
  9. Senior Member
    I found this link with GREAT ideas: Our Troops Abroad - NESTLE VeryBestBaking.com

Ps....What do you mean by "Puppy chow"....I'm lost on that one....
  10. Senior Member
    i wouldnt suggest sending fudge.

i've sent brownies before, put each of them in saran, then ziploc baggies, then a small box (i would have used containers but i didn't have any). they got there fine.

just make sure everything has a million layers of plastic over it, just incase, and each thing individually wrapped, so if something does go wrong, that one thing can be easily tossed.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast