Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Have I been gone forever?

1. Yup I turned 30, and my clock ticks every now and again.
    Yup I turned 30, and my clock ticks every now and again.

Suspicious Have I been gone forever?

Advertisements
    Things seem...errrr...a bit slow around here. Has it been like this for a while?
    “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.”
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I think its a mixture of a few different things. Lots of members stepped back when some drama got way out of hand. Then other members left when the BR was done away with and the site was sold. On the upswing, I think members that left due to drama are slowly making their way back now that many of the trouble makers and the BR is gone. Plus, with it being summertime I think people are just traveling and enjoying the outdoors more.

That's my take at least.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Add to lemc81's synopsis the fact that it seems like a bazillion of us have been having babies and yeah.
  4. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    Quote Originally Posted by lemc81 View Post
    I think its a mixture of a few different things. Lots of members stepped back when some drama got way out of hand. Then other members left when the BR was done away with and the site was sold. On the upswing, I think members that left due to drama are slowly making their way back now that many of the trouble makers and the BR is gone. Plus, with it being summertime I think people are just traveling and enjoying the outdoors more.

That's my take at least.
    I agree...I think everyone that kind of stepped back was just a little hesitant about getting back into things and everyone's just slowly making their way back
  5. Yup I turned 30, and my clock ticks every now and again.
    Quote Originally Posted by lemc81 View Post

That's my take at least.
    This makes sense, but it does feel a bit, um, quiet. It used to be that if I posted (even at 11:00) and left for 4 minutes, there would be at least a 20 posts by the time I got back. Not lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread View Post
    Add to lemc81's synopsis the fact that it seems like a bazillion of us have been having babies and yeah.
    Congrats by the way! Your bebe is so cute.

Quote Originally Posted by LovingMyAirman22 View Post
    I agree...I think everyone that kind of stepped back was just a little hesitant about getting back into things and everyone's just slowly making their way back
    I understand that too because it seems different. It seems like the boards get clogged up with a member mail or general post to 5 people and then there is no one else around. It feels like a ghost town around here.

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Its felt weird since the new owner came on..IMO
  7. Senior Member
    all of the above. its kind of nice theres a lot less drama rama

8. Yup I turned 30, and my clock ticks every now and again.
    Quote Originally Posted by SammaJamma View Post
    Its felt weird since the new owner came on..IMO
    Interesting. I hoped that is wouldn't change things, but meh, change is life.

Quote Originally Posted by RunAwayLove View Post
    all of the above. its kind of nice theres a lot less drama rama
    But I am going to say this and risk getting To me, it NOW feels more like a click than EVER. Before it was like a sorority, where you prove yourself based on either or combined 1) time 2) posts 3) knowledge, insight, etc.

Now it feels like it is a few members who predominantly post to only the members he/she is closely acquainted with, (perhaps through a random 500 page general post thread).
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I feel the same way, but I'm not jumping to post a bunch either... there's been really intense cat fights over the DUMBEST stuff. I don't really know what's up, but I'm going to assume that with all the babies MSOS is popping out, the fact that a lot of regular poster's kids are home for the summer, the fact that people in school don't need to procrastinate as much because it's summer and that people are still testing the waters with the new owners, that everything is just a little quiet right now, hopefully it'll speed up again once summer is done

edit:jeeeez I'm horrible with run on sentences
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SWOsgirlSanDiego View Post
    Interesting. I hoped that is wouldn't change things, but meh, change is life.

But I am going to say this and risk getting To me, it NOW feels more like a click than EVER. Before it was like a sorority, where you prove yourself based on either or combined 1) time 2) posts 3) knowledge, insight, etc.

Now it feels like it is a few members who predominantly post to only the members he/she is closely acquainted with, (perhaps through a random 500 page general post thread).

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast