Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wedding - opinions & advice wanted!! **UPDATE POSTS 66 & 67**

1. Hi. I'm Amber. I'm a RedBull-aholic.
    Hi. I'm Amber. I'm a RedBull-aholic.
    Blog Entries

Wedding - opinions & advice wanted!! **UPDATE POSTS 66 & 67**

Advertisements
    ok. DF and i are getting married july 11 and wedding plans have started! my colors are infantry blue and brown. the matron of honor, maid of honor and brideís maid are all wearing dresses in the blue with some sort of brown in the dress (the sashes in the picture were the only option for adding brown to the dress & i wanted to give you ladies the idea of what the brown and blue look like together). none of their dresses are the same style, but they will all be the same colors. the flower girl will be wearing a plain white summery dress (they dont have her dress on the site) with a blue or brown sash tied around her waist. none of us (except brant and the groomís men) are wearing shoes. my bouquet is going to have honey suckles in it and thatís as far as iíve gotten with it so far. DF isnt in the picture (he will be wearing his uniform). the colors are a little off and my dress wasnít an option for the bride.. but you get the idea.

my dress!!

ps - the wedding is going to be outside

what do yall think? any ideas?

When posting please keep OPSEC and PERSEC in mind.
    When it gets tough, cause it will, all you can do is get on your knees, pray and love the hell outta your soldier
    My husband eats trucks... bet yours can't beat that.
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

I like the idea of the bridesmaides all wearing different dresses in the same color, but I think they should all be the same length and I'm not sure if I like the brown with the blue

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Love the colors!!!

If you ladies aren't wearing shoes, why make the guys wear them? JMO but i think it should be all wear shoes or none... besides the overall look, haha i also would be worried about the guys stepping on the ladies toes or something

I know the different dresses are totally a personal choice and that some brides love it and some cant stand it, different ones personally aren't my taste, but if I was to do something like that, I would try and make them at least all the same length and maybe do a different style for the top KWIM? So you still get that "look" but they get to be different with the type of top, and since its outside maybe have them all be tea length

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress, i think its absolutely stunning and is going to look wonderful on you! I also love the honey suckle idea! just make sure you tell your florist to try and get out the pollen in any of the flowers you ladies will be holding, you dont want it getting on your dress!

this is just my annoying personality and pickyness... but maybe play around with vest and tie colors for the guys so that you might be able to get some brown in there somewhere... not sure how formal the wedding is, but if you put the girls in tea length dresses you might think about taking the guys out of tux's and putting them in maybe really nice dark brown shorts (brown to match the sash) and the same color blue for a button down shirt (just throwing ideas out there)

my taste is sometimes over-matchy for people but i just wanted to throw it out there just in case!
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed

I agree...i think the dresses should be the same length. I got married this past Jan. and pick whatever makes you and yours happy! If you want blue and brown, then do it. I asked some of the bridesmaids for input about the dresses...but ultimately its your wedding...and the pictures are going on your walls! So don't stress and have fun!!!! Good luck! And remember it's just one day, your marriage will last a lifetime!
  5. Hi. I'm Amber. I'm a RedBull-aholic.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandykay View Post
    I like the idea of the bridesmaides all wearing different dresses in the same color, but I think they should all be the same length and I'm not sure if I like the brown with the blue
    yeah. i see what youre saying. i dont actually know just yet what their dresses will look like. we are going this weekend for them to look. i just know they will all want different dresses, since different styles are flattering on different body types. the brown that is actually going to be in the colors is lighter than any option they had on the site and the blue is a little different than the color options they had.. so maybe it will look better with the real colors. when we go this weekend i'll get pictures of the colors.

but you DO like the different styles idea? i was worried it would look ridiculous but the lady at davids bridal assured me that a LOT of brides are doing that now.
    When it gets tough, cause it will, all you can do is get on your knees, pray and love the hell outta your soldier
  6. Hi. I'm Amber. I'm a RedBull-aholic.
    Blog Entries
    i definitely see where youre all coming from. the men are wearing shoes because brant (DF) will NOT go barefoot. he's already told me that (he went on and on about being in full uniform or ont at all and how he IS wearing his uniform). the children will be bearfoot but the men wont. i hope nobody gets their feet stepped on.. however that would make for a nice cover up dance-walk! my moms bestfriend will be doing the flowers and she has already freaked about the pollen haha she is so mad that i cant pick an "easier" flower.

i like the idea of making all the BM dresses the same length, just different top styles. hmm.. i new i posted this here for a reason!

i you ladies!
  7. Hi. I'm Amber. I'm a RedBull-aholic.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress, i think its absolutely stunning and is going to look wonderful on you! I also love the honey suckle idea! just make sure you tell your florist to try and get out the pollen in any of the flowers you ladies will be holding, you dont want it getting on your dress!

this is just my annoying personality and pickyness... but maybe play around with vest and tie colors for the guys so that you might be able to get some brown in there somewhere... not sure how formal the wedding is, but if you put the girls in tea length dresses you might think about taking the guys out of tux's and putting them in maybe really nice dark brown shorts (brown to match the sash) and the same color blue for a button down shirt (just throwing ideas out there)

my taste is sometimes over-matchy for people but i just wanted to throw it out there just in case!
    thank you!! i am so excited! it fits wonderfully!!! and its so flattering with my strangely proportioned body! haha

i have thought about the idea of the guys being in more casual dress but i hadnt thought of your idea and i LOVE it. im usually not so "blocked". ive planned so many weddings with my friends and family.. but for mine im so stuck!!!
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by amber,yo View Post
    i definitely see where youre all coming from. the men are wearing shoes because brant (DF) will NOT go barefoot. he's already told me that (he went on and on about being in full uniform or ont at all and how he IS wearing his uniform). the children will be bearfoot but the men wont. i hope nobody gets their feet stepped on.. however that would make for a nice cover up dance-walk! my moms bestfriend will be doing the flowers and she has already freaked about the pollen haha she is so mad that i cant pick an "easier" flower.

i like the idea of making all the BM dresses the same length, just different top styles. hmm.. i new i posted this here for a reason!

i you ladies!
    Well he can still be in full uniform, and maybe even you getting a cute pair of shoes... idk i just think it would look odd for everyone to be without shoes bedsides the guys... i LOVE the idea of no shoes, but totally see why your DF cant really go without them...
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by amber,yo View Post
    thank you!! i am so excited! it fits wonderfully!!! and its so flattering with my strangely proportioned body! haha

i have thought about the idea of the guys being in more casual dress but i hadnt thought of your idea and i LOVE it. im usually not so "blocked". ive planned so many weddings with my friends and family..but for mine im so stuck!!!
    haha yea, its easier to come up with ideas when its not your own, i expect the same help from you when i plan mine and im always here for anything you need!
  10. Hi. I'm Amber. I'm a RedBull-aholic.
    Blog Entries
    at first it was just going to be me with no shoes (you cant see my feet anyway) but the more we discussed it the more it became "no shoes" ... hmm.. ill have to think on that one... you've all made really good points and you have NO idea how much i appreciate the ideas and constructive criticism!
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast