Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wedding - opinions & advice wanted!! **UPDATE POSTS 66 & 67**

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by amber,yo View Post
    yeah. i see what youre saying. i dont actually know just yet what their dresses will look like. we are going this weekend for them to look. i just know they will all want different dresses, since different styles are flattering on different body types. the brown that is actually going to be in the colors is lighter than any option they had on the site and the blue is a little different than the color options they had.. so maybe it will look better with the real colors. when we go this weekend i'll get pictures of the colors.

but you DO like the different styles idea? i was worried it would look ridiculous but the lady at davids bridal assured me that a LOT of brides are doing that now.
    Your dress is similar to the one my daughter wants: http://www.bridalonlinestore.com/col...sp?SKU=Marilyn

I love the idea of different styles. I do think you should choose either long or short, but after that let them choose their own styles because what's flattering on one might not be flattering on another. My daughter will have a MoH and three bridesmaids (her sisters) and they'll probably all have different style dresses, just because of the variation in body types. Plus, since attendants normally pay for their own dress, at least they can choose one they'll feel like they can wear again.
  2. BJo
    Banned
    Banned

thank you so much! when i put it on i KNEW it was the one!!!

well.. you should DEFINITELY post on here when you start planning! these ladies are amazingly helpful in ALL aspects of life!

the blue is actually a little lighter but they didnt have that option on the site. its the color of the blue cord infantry men wear. DF doesnt know it but thats actually what my garter is going to be made out of!!!kind of a little surprise for him

i like the idea of them matching more but now thanks to bjo all i can think about is what they will be delivering when we set them free!
    Ah ha! Yeah, I'm all too familiar with the chord. I think that would be a perfect shade.
  3. Hi. I'm Amber. I'm a RedBull-aholic.
    Hi. I'm Amber. I'm a RedBull-aholic.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Your dress is similar to the one my daughter wants: http://www.bridalonlinestore.com/col...sp?SKU=Marilyn

I love the idea of different styles. I do think you should choose either long or short, but after that let them choose their own styles because what's flattering on one might not be flattering on another. My daughter will have a MoH and three bridesmaids (her sisters) and they'll probably all have different style dresses, just because of the variation in body types. Plus, since attendants normally pay for their own dress, at least they can choose one they'll feel like they can wear again.
    for sure! i told them all i want the dress to be them and i want them to be comfortable, but at the same time i have to monitor the purchases bc, well, i know them and i dont trust "decent" choices out of 2 of them

that dress is gorgeous! i like your daughters style!
    When posting please keep OPSEC and PERSEC in mind.
    When it gets tough, cause it will, all you can do is get on your knees, pray and love the hell outta your soldier
    My husband eats trucks... bet yours can't beat that.
  4. Hi. I'm Amber. I'm a RedBull-aholic.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BrittanyJo View Post
    Ah ha! Yeah, I'm all too familiar with the chord. I think that would be a perfect shade.
    its his pride and joy. he has no idea that im incorporating that into the wedding. my cake is 3 layers, all white and the ONLY decoration on it is a blue cord design all over it
    When it gets tough, cause it will, all you can do is get on your knees, pray and love the hell outta your soldier
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    for sure! i told them all i want the dress to be them and i want them to be comfortable, but at the same time i have to monitor the purchases bc, well, i know them and i dont trust "decent" choices out of 2 of them
    Ahhhh, that sucks. Maybe you could narrow it down to four or five choices?
  6. Hi. I'm Amber. I'm a RedBull-aholic.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Ahhhh, that sucks. Maybe you could narrow it down to four or five choices?
    ive made a date with them all 3 to meet me at a certain location and we're going to gown store hop until they all find a dress with that color in a set length that they like (and i approve of )!
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    this is one of those things where you ladies might be out shopping and everyone falls in love with the same shoe and then its problem solved (i agree its not a big deal for you since your feet cant be seen anyway )

but i agree with leaving the kids barefoot regardless, i think kids get a kick out of that and you could take the little girl with you all right before and let her get a pedicure with everyone so she can show off her toes
    I think your idea is great. 1 your dress is beautiful. I like the different dresses idea. I intended on my BMs getting separates for their dresses, but when I went into the store, I just set them loose and said, "Make sure it comes in blue." The sales woman looked at me like ...The all ended up liking the SAME DRESS AND it was SUPER CUTE! I was in shock...4 girls 3 of them sisters...and they all agreed COOL. Anyway... I like the barefoot idea too...The kids will absolutely adore it...I didn't even think of the pedi idea. That's TOO adorable. My only suggestion would be get some cute cheap shoes JUST in case.
  8. Hi. I'm Amber. I'm a RedBull-aholic.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OneIllWife View Post
    I think your idea is great. 1 your dress is beautiful. I like the different dresses idea. I intended on my BMs getting separates for their dresses, but when I went into the store, I just set them loose and said, "Make sure it comes in blue." The sales woman looked at me like ...The all ended up liking the SAME DRESS AND it was SUPER CUTE! I was in shock...4 girls 3 of them sisters...and they all agreed COOL. Anyway... I like the barefoot idea too...The kids will absolutely adore it...I didn't even think of the pedi idea. That's TOO adorable. My only suggestion would be get some cute cheap shoes JUST in case.
    well thank you im hoping they all like a certain length and DIFFERENT styles. i am set on the different styles. we are all getting slippers to wear so we dont get our feet all yucky before the ceremony..
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I'm in cali and all my bridesmaids are in Illinois...I've let all of them pick their own dresses and styles. Personally, I wanted at least one girl in a different length dress. Mixes it up a little bit. My sil had her bridesmaids do the same thing, and they all picked different dresses and lengths and I loved it. I just like the idea of my bridesmaids being able to pick a dress that they love, they feel comfortable in, and maybe will be able to wear again. I've been pretty flexible overall though with what they wear. Its just not that important to me.
  10. Hi. I'm Amber. I'm a RedBull-aholic.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *skittles* View Post
    I'm in cali and all my bridesmaids are in Illinois...I've let all of them pick their own dresses and styles. Personally, I wanted at least one girl in a different length dress. Mixes it up a little bit. My sil had her bridesmaids do the same thing, and they all picked different dresses and lengths and I loved it. I just like the idea of my bridesmaids being able to pick a dress that they love, they feel comfortable in, and maybe will be able to wear again. I've been pretty flexible overall though with what they wear. Its just not that important to me.
    im thinking what im going to do is just wait to see what length they like and if the lengths differ ill make them all put on the dress they like and stand next to each other.... visuals are the best the best way with me. i MOST definitely want them to all be different styles.

the lady at the bridal shop mentioned even possibly doing something where they all have different shades of the blue. im not sure about that one though.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast