Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wedding - opinions & advice wanted!! **UPDATE POSTS 66 & 67**

1. Open arms, open heart
    Open arms, open heart
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by amber,yo View Post
    exactly. i dont know that im willing to let them go pick it out without me there (some of them have some CRAZY tastes in clothing) but i definitely want it to be more "them" than "im wearing it to make her happy"... KWIM?
    I just picked out a color and fabric from J. Crew and told them to get what they wanted. They all ended up liking the same dress so they'll all look alike anyway.

If you stick with tuxes for the guys, are they brown or black? We're doing turquoise and brown as well, and the guys are wearing dark brown tuxes with ivory shirts (no vest). J will have some kind of fancy, polka-dotted tie while the guys will have plain turquoise. I like Sam's casual idea, too though...especially since it's outside. Is it being held on grass, sand...?
  2. Senior Member
    Amber, I your dress, it is absolutely beautiful, and you will look beautiful in it. I also like the colors for you bridal party, but I will agree that the dress should all be the same length. Personally, I love the no shoes idea, but I hate to wear shoes unless I have to

I know what you mean about being stuck for your own wedding, I can plan other people's but for mine (or my "when this ever happens"), I'm stumped
  3. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    I really like your idea! I wish the blue was a bit more pale though. It's kind of a harsh shade. I know someone said something about chocolate brown tuxes. It would kind of remind me of a UPS delivery man.
  4. i've found a new me with someone else :o)
    i've found a new me with someone else :o)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrittanyJo View Post
    I really like your idea! I wish the blue was a bit more pale though. It's kind of a harsh shade. I know someone said something about chocolate brown tuxes. It would kind of remind me of a UPS delivery man.
    hahaha that was me... I didn't even think about that...I was just thinking more flowing and eye appealing, like the beach with the drift wood... thanks for that visual now though
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...tegoryID=29246

maybe without the cargo pocket, but thats what i was thinking for the shorts (maybe not that deep brown, but yea)

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...tegoryID=42189
    shirt...
  6. Open arms, open heart
    Open arms, open heart
    The shade I'm thinking of is less of a chocolate-mousse-meets-UPS and more rich, dark chocolate.

7. Hi. I'm Amber. I'm a RedBull-aholic.
    Hi. I'm Amber. I'm a RedBull-aholic.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stephie View Post
    first i want to say what a beautiful wedding you will have because it will be what you want, and that dress OMG it is gorgeous! Now just a few aesthetic things i want to throw out as a suggestion...

-agree with the other ladies about the blue dresses being different but all the same length
    -with the shoes have you thought about flip flops? whenever I finally get married all my girls + me will be wearing flip flops that are just simple and comfortable(same effect of no shoes but since the men will be wearing shoes it might be more eye appealing, again just a thought though)
    -I love the chocolate brown with the blue, reminds me of the beach have you thought to have the guys tuxes in the chocolate brown instead of the black?
    -love the flowers and well if the florist thinks the pollen will be an issue can't they spray them with a clear flower preserver to like lock in the pollen?

Again these are only my opinions and suggestions...I know the wedding will turn out exactly how you want it too as long as you follow your heart and don't stress....best wishes with everything!
    my made of honor mentioned that she found some adorable wedge/flip flops that were brown and white. depending on the dress length (still not 100% on that one yet) those would be really cute! i am emailing back and forth with the lady doing the flowers now... so hopefully we will get somewhere with that soon!

Quote Originally Posted by JayBo View Post
    I just picked out a color and fabric from J. Crew and told them to get what they wanted. They all ended up liking the same dress so they'll all look alike anyway.

If you stick with tuxes for the guys, are they brown or black? We're doing turquoise and brown as well, and the guys are wearing dark brown tuxes with ivory shirts (no vest). J will have some kind of fancy, polka-dotted tie while the guys will have plain turquoise. I like Sam's casual idea, too though...especially since it's outside. Is it being held on grass, sand...?
    im REALLY liking Sams idea as well!
    When posting please keep OPSEC and PERSEC in mind.
    When it gets tough, cause it will, all you can do is get on your knees, pray and love the hell outta your soldier
    My husband eats trucks... bet yours can't beat that.
  8. Hi. I'm Amber. I'm a RedBull-aholic.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyGirlfriend08 View Post
    Amber, I your dress, it is absolutely beautiful, and you will look beautiful in it. I also like the colors for you bridal party, but I will agree that the dress should all be the same length. Personally, I love the no shoes idea, but I hate to wear shoes unless I have to

I know what you mean about being stuck for your own wedding, I can plan other people's but for mine (or my "when this ever happens"), I'm stumped

thank you so much! when i put it on i KNEW it was the one!!!

well.. you should DEFINITELY post on here when you start planning! these ladies are amazingly helpful in ALL aspects of life!

the blue is actually a little lighter but they didnt have that option on the site. its the color of the blue cord infantry men wear. DF doesnt know it but thats actually what my garter is going to be made out of!!!kind of a little surprise for him

Quote Originally Posted by stephie View Post
    hahaha that was me... I didn't even think about that...I was just thinking more flowing and eye appealing, like the beach with the drift wood... thanks for that visual now though
    i like the idea of them matching more but now thanks to bjo all i can think about is what they will be delivering when we set them free!
    Last edited by amber,yo; 04-07-2009 at 11:54 AM. Reason: im dumb
    When it gets tough, cause it will, all you can do is get on your knees, pray and love the hell outta your soldier
  9. Hi. I'm Amber. I'm a RedBull-aholic.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...tegoryID=29246

maybe without the cargo pocket, but thats what i was thinking for the shorts (maybe not that deep brown, but yea)

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...tegoryID=42189
    shirt...
    youre the bestestess!!
  10. Hi. I'm Amber. I'm a RedBull-aholic.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JayBo View Post
    Is it being held on grass, sand...?
    its going to be on the river. the wedding will be on a gazebo and then the reception will be held on a yacht floating around the river
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast