Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wedding - opinions & advice wanted!! **UPDATE POSTS 66 & 67**

1. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by amber,yo View Post
    yeah. i see what youre saying. i dont actually know just yet what their dresses will look like. we are going this weekend for them to look. i just know they will all want different dresses, since different styles are flattering on different body types. the brown that is actually going to be in the colors is lighter than any option they had on the site and the blue is a little different than the color options they had.. so maybe it will look better with the real colors. when we go this weekend i'll get pictures of the colors.

but you DO like the different styles idea? i was worried it would look ridiculous but the lady at davids bridal assured me that a LOT of brides are doing that now.
    My mom went to a wedding and the bridesmaides (there was 10 of them)were told to choose their own dress, but it had to be long, satin and black. The pics were beautiful because the girls looked like themselves. Honestly, you would rather your bridesmaides look happy and comfortable, than unhappy and pulling at their dress all day.

2. Hi. I'm Amber. I'm a RedBull-aholic.
    Hi. I'm Amber. I'm a RedBull-aholic.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    haha yea, its easier to come up with ideas when its not your own, i expect the same help from you when i plan mine and im always here for anything you need!
    well of course! i am just as opinionated and blunt as you and bjo (sometimes i upset people ) speaking of her.. i should link her.
    When posting please keep OPSEC and PERSEC in mind.
    When it gets tough, cause it will, all you can do is get on your knees, pray and love the hell outta your soldier
    My husband eats trucks... bet yours can't beat that.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

at first it was just going to be me with no shoes (you cant see my feet anyway) but the more we discussed it the more it became "no shoes" ... hmm.. ill have to think on that one... you've all made really good points and you have NO idea how much i appreciate the ideas and constructive criticism!
    this is one of those things where you ladies might be out shopping and everyone falls in love with the same shoe and then its problem solved (i agree its not a big deal for you since your feet cant be seen anyway )

but i agree with leaving the kids barefoot regardless, i think kids get a kick out of that and you could take the little girl with you all right before and let her get a pedicure with everyone so she can show off her toes
  4. Hi. I'm Amber. I'm a RedBull-aholic.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandykay View Post
    My mom went to a wedding and the bridesmaides (there was 10 of them)were told to choose their own dress, but it had to be long, satin and black. The pics were beautiful because the girls looked like themselves. Honestly, you would rather your bridesmaides look happy and comfortable, than unhappy and pulling at their dress all day.
    exactly. i dont know that im willing to let them go pick it out without me there (some of them have some CRAZY tastes in clothing) but i definitely want it to be more "them" than "im wearing it to make her happy"... KWIM?
    When it gets tough, cause it will, all you can do is get on your knees, pray and love the hell outta your soldier
  5. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

exactly. i dont know that im willing to let them go pick it out without me there (some of them have some CRAZY tastes in clothing) but i definitely want it to be more "them" than "im wearing it to make her happy"... KWIM?
    I know the "I'm wearing it to make her happy" thing. If you're going a littl emore casual, have you thought of taking the jackets off the guys and just having vest and tie? you could do a brown tie too with the blue vest, so it matches the girls a littl emore

6. Hi. I'm Amber. I'm a RedBull-aholic.
    Blog Entries
    this is one of those things where you ladies might be out shopping and everyone falls in love with the same shoe and then its problem solved (i agree its not a big deal for you since your feet cant be seen anyway )

but i agree with leaving the kids barefoot regardless, i think kids get a kick out of that and you could take the little girl with you all right before and let her get a pedicure with everyone so she can show off her toes
    o so true. especially with my sister (matron of honor) being the shoe fanatic she is!

hannah (flower girl) is so excited about the day before stuff. she is going with us when we get our mani/pedis done and we're getting her nails done (only painted of course) but she isnt sure she wants her toes done yet.. she said "ill have to think on that one aunt amber. i mean. im REALLY ticklish and i dont want to kick her and make her hurt me. why do growed up people do that?!"
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

o so true. especially with my sister (matron of honor) being the shoe fanatic she is!

hannah (flower girl) is so excited about the day before stuff. she is going with us when we get our mani/pedis done and we're getting her nails done (only painted of course) but she isnt sure she wants her toes done yet.. she said "ill have to think on that one aunt amber. i mean. im REALLY ticklish and i dont want to kick her and make her hurt me. why do growed up people do that?!"
    omg that is to freaking cute!
  8. Hi. I'm Amber. I'm a RedBull-aholic.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandykay View Post
    I know the "I'm wearing it to make her happy" thing. If you're going a littl emore casual, have you thought of taking the jackets off the guys and just having vest and tie? you could do a brown tie too with the blue vest, so it matches the girls a littl emore
    im thinking about making it a little more casual. i REALLY like the idea of tea length dresses for the girls and button downs for the guys! its going to be so hot (alabama julys are pretty close to stroke material) so the less the better!
  9. Hi. I'm Amber. I'm a RedBull-aholic.
    Blog Entries
    omg that is to freaking cute!
    she is a trip. an eight year old prom queen stuck in dirty clothes from playing in the dirt. typical southern belle if you ask me.
  10. i've found a new me with someone else :o)
    i've found a new me with someone else :o)
    first i want to say what a beautiful wedding you will have because it will be what you want, and that dress OMG it is gorgeous! Now just a few aesthetic things i want to throw out as a suggestion...

-agree with the other ladies about the blue dresses being different but all the same length
    -with the shoes have you thought about flip flops? whenever I finally get married all my girls + me will be wearing flip flops that are just simple and comfortable(same effect of no shoes but since the men will be wearing shoes it might be more eye appealing, again just a thought though)
    -I love the chocolate brown with the blue, reminds me of the beach have you thought to have the guys tuxes in the chocolate brown instead of the black?
    -love the flowers and well if the florist thinks the pollen will be an issue can't they spray them with a clear flower preserver to like lock in the pollen?

Again these are only my opinions and suggestions...I know the wedding will turn out exactly how you want it too as long as you follow your heart and don't stress....best wishes with everything!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast