Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can they really do that?

1. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Question Can they really do that?

Advertisements
    Can housing really confinscate Your personal property off of the housing property you live in?

On wednesday we got our first "fix" notice ever since moving in here more than a year ago after Tony put in our notice to move. A couple of weeks ago I had Tony move our firepit (it's not very big at all, just heavy) to the front because with all of the mud in this disgusting back yard, it was sinking. The notice said we had to move it, that was it. That evening Tony had things he had to do and didn't get around to moving it. The next day, which was yesterday the housing people came around (I didn't see them) and told my neighbor across the street that if we didn't move them completely out of sight they were confinscating them today. He told them that his is a european style grill and they couldn't take it (it does have a grill he uses regularly), but they pointed at mine and another neighbors and said if they can see them today they are taking them.

Tony had duty yesterday and he wont be home til this afternoon. I moved it as much as I could, into the carport against the house, but if they come around they will still be able to see it. Can they really take it? I mean, if they do, can't I call the police and report it stolen? The notice we were given was only given 2 days ago, it was our first notice ever and it didn't say anything about confinscating it. The only reason I know they said they are going to, today, is because they told my neighbor they were. It just doesn't seam to me like they legally have a right to. It's not like it says they can in our lease or anything.
  2. Senior Member
    I have never heard of housing doing that.

We have gotten a "ticket" before but never confiscated anything.
  3. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by amazinggrace View Post
    I have never heard of housing doing that.

We have gotten a "ticket" before but never confiscated anything.
    I just don't see how they would have the right to do that, kwim?
  4. Senior Member
    I haven't heard of that either.
    Did they leave you written notification? If not, then they can't do anything.

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    if its not written in your notice and they take it, id call the cops.
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  6. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by CristinaFaye View Post
    I haven't heard of that either.
    Did they leave you written notification? If not, then they can't do anything.
    The only notification they left us was the notice to move it. That was it and that was only 2 days ago.
  7. Cookie Queen
    Cookie Queen
    Read the bylaws and see if they say anything about it.
  8. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Jennygirl View Post
    if its not written in your notice and they take it, id call the cops.
    I am just so glad we're moving. it's getting ridiculous here with housing. They are literally harassing my next door neighbor about his camper. He was here before this property management took over so his lease is grandfathered to where he is allowed to have the camperon the property. The head manager here gives my neighbor notices every single time to fix things that arent even a problem (when I first move here their yard was HORRID, but they fixed it and it looks fine ). This last time he called them out on it and the lady was yelling at him saying "I know I can't make you move the camper, but I want it gone. Until you move it you will be getting notices for whatever we can give you one for every single time we do an inspection." I take that as admission to harassment.
  9. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa View Post
    Read the bylaws and see if they say anything about it.
    It doesn't, I did that last night. I don't think they can do it, unless they know some legal loophole.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    can you park your car in a weird way so that they would have to get it around it, kwim?
    Are you scrappy enough for me
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast