Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: on a scale of 1-10

1. Senior Member

on a scale of 1-10

Advertisements
    how terrible of a parent am I for letting my son watch top gun?
    I mean, to my credit, it's precrazy Tom Cruise, AND my 3yo is a big Kenny Loggins fan.
    “There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self Reliance
  2. Senior Member
    I'm just impressed a 3 year old has the attention span to watch it. Not a parent so can't comment, but my 2 year old niece gets to some crazy shit on YouTube, so it can't be worse than that.
  3. Regular Member
    I watched absolutely anything and everything when I was a kid, my parents didn't censor a thing lol. I turned out okay, your son will too
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    No, I'd only consider you a terrible parent if you let him watch the remake/sequel(?)
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    He's going to be playing fighter pilot for a while
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  6. Regular Member
    I'm going with 0 because my kids love Top Gun haha.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinemainsqueez View Post
    I watched absolutely anything and everything when I was a kid, my parents didn't censor a thing lol. I turned out okay, your son will too
    Me too! I think my first horror movie with IT at a birthday party when I was like 10 and my dad and I used to watch Predator ALL THE TIME.... I turned out juuuuust fine... LOL
  8. Senior Member
    I've still never seen Top Gun from start to finish. Every time I try to watch it I fall asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by AdaraMarie View Post
    Me too! I think my first horror movie with IT at a birthday party when I was like 10 and my dad and I used to watch Predator ALL THE TIME.... I turned out juuuuust fine... LOL
    Another movie I've never finished but know the entire plot of! The scene where the one guy slits his wrists in the tub left me traumatized.

I remember the first 2 movies that scared the crap out of me as a kid were Edward Scissor Hands and Indiana Jones: Temple of Doom because of the scene where the dude's heart gets ripped out of his chest. I scared easily as a child

9. Moderator

I let my son watch at 4 and ever since he's wanted to be a fighter pilot. He's a senior now, applying to the Naval Academy, perfect grades...all to commission and hopefully fly one day. So you have that to look forward to.