Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Preparing Your Toddler for Baby

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Preparing Your Toddler for Baby

Advertisements
    I actually found this blog post(?) on Pinterest while browsing crafts the other day (not sure how this related to crafts, though ). I loved the author's 'voice' here and each of the suggestions really sang to me so I figure I'd post it since I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be interested: 7 Ways to Prepare Your Toddler for a New Baby | Joyful Abode

Also, for the experienced mama's who have kids around 2.5 years apart, any extra suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated. We've started doing a lot for Wyatt already so he can mentally 'get' that he's not going to be the only one by the time the baby actually comes.
  2. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

I am so glad you posted this! I've been about how to introduce the idea of a new baby to Ada. She'll have just turned 2 by the time this little one comes out. I've been pointing to babies in the store and when we're at the park and mall, but I don't know how much she really understands.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Minx View Post
    I am so glad you posted this! I've been about how to introduce the idea of a new baby to Ada. She'll have just turned 2 by the time this little one comes out. I've been pointing to babies in the store and when we're at the park and mall, but I don't know how much she really understands.
    That's kinda me, too I've been watching my friend's little guy as often as I can and her take Wyatt so that he can be around a fairly little baby (6mos). It's helped tremendously but I really need to find someone who nurses so Wyatt can be exposed to that as a bystander rather than the nursee I'm curious to see if he's going to be jealous and want to nurse again or if he'll step more into a helper/big brother position when it comes to that.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Ds arrived a week before dd turned 2. I just reiterated over and over that there was a baby in my belly. She "helped" put things together for the baby like the bouncer and swing and things. I took her to 1 or 2 ultrasounds at towards the end when the baby looked more baby like and less blob like. I told her the doctor had a special camera so we could see the baby in mamas belly. She seemed to sorta get it.
  5. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

My kids are a lot closer than that so no advice really... Kaia didn't know what was going on so she adjusted just like Kalista had always been there. I just wanted to say tank you for posting that blog... I am in love with it already! The post she made about her trouble BFing her tongue tied son is exactly what I went through with Kalista, and she has done Whole30 recently and I am doing it now! I have a feeling I am going to read that blog a lot more!
    :)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ٭Wickεd٭ View Post
    My kids are a lot closer than that so no advice really... Kaia didn't know what was going on so she adjusted just like Kalista had always been there. I just wanted to say tank you for posting that blog... I am in love with it already! The post she made about her trouble BFing her tongue tied son is exactly what I went through with Kalista, and she has done Whole30 recently and I am doing it now! I have a feeling I am going to read that blog a lot more!
    To the bolded...same with my girls.

With this baby I try to include them in as much as possible. I told them about the new baby the day I go the positive. I let them help me tell daddy. I read them the weekly emails about how the baby is developing and growing. Took ODD to the first ultrasound and taking YDD to my appointment today to hear the heartbeat. YDD will go to the next ultrasound and I plan to take them both to a 3D ultrasound when I am farther along. I wanted to have a water birth and include them but still iffy on that and don't know if there is a water birth option here. I let them sing to the baby and they say goodnight to him/her at night and kiss my belly.

It's easy right now since I am only pregnant but I have no idea what's gonna happen once the baby is actually here. Kaitlyn can get pretty jealous so she may love the baby now but may dislike him/her once it gets here

♥ 2,000oz of boobie milk donated ♥

better2gether is my Irish Twin Mommy Wifey!