Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New backpacks each year?

1. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    Advertisements
    we always got new ones each year. it was the best part of school, getting all the new supplies! but then i had to start buying my own, i had 3 or 4 a year i was a junkie
  2. Completely in love with him........
    Completely in love with him........
    when i was in grade school i had to have a new one every year, cuz the cheap cartoon backpacks barely last the year.

but in 7th grade, i got a really nice backpack and it lasted thru graduation.and i still have it.
    He calls me his little monkey

3. I'm too cool for words
    I'm too cool for words
    They get a new one each year. They wear them out so much, plus it's always nice to have a fresh new backpack to start off the new school year.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I bought my sister one from Eddie Bauer and those things are STURDY. She'll be using it again.
  5. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    I had a Jansport that lasted from 8th grade through 2 1/2 years of college and I STILL have it. Dh uses it to take stuff to and from the ship now as well as the one he had in high school and college which is a Jansport!

Our kids will have Jansport and they WILL NOT be getting a new one each year!!

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
  6. His Tupelo Honey
    His Tupelo Honey
    I bought them both Jansport 2 years ago and they are still using them this year.DD may need a new one next year but we will see.
  7. Married to a Naval Officer
    Married to a Naval Officer
    Guilty DH couldn't understand why. Told him that's how I grew up and it got me excited for school. Just realized last night while watching George Lopez that I AM spoiling them. What can I do, they're very good kids and they never ask for anything. I just listen on what they talk about or look at in stores. And even the DH, whenever I say I wanted to get them this or bring them somewhere, he'd say, sure they deserve it. But new backpacks every year, he couldn't understand.

Note: I bought the DS, when he was in middle school, this $20 backpack. After just a few of months, it broke. Bought another one and it did the same thing. The last month of school, I just had him use one of his old backpacks. The following year, I just bought him a $40 backpack and it's still alive to this day. $20 backpacks work for elementary school but when they go to middle school or beyond, especially of they don't have lockers, it won't last as long.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    We usually do for the simple fact that they usually wear them out by the end of each school year. This year, though, they both ended up getting new ones near the end of the school year (DS's had a mishap that left it torn and DD's wasn't working for all the crap she had to cart back and forth second semester) -- both are still in great shape so they will at least start the year with them. If we need to, we will replace them during the year.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I never really got a backpack that I remember. We will probly get them one if they wear out. They probly will not be getting the cartoon ones. More generic. I know, bad parents but we don't make enough money to justify that kind of stuff.

We will see more when the time comes.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  10. Live in the moment
    Live in the moment
    My ds is really hard on his backpacks, so my mom buys him a new one every year...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123