Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New backpacks each year?

1. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Advertisements
    It depends on the year... This year there won't be new ones because we had to replace with only a couple of months left in the school year last spring for the two older boys. Dd and yds are getting new ones. It all depends on when the old one wears out.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  2. Senior Member

No, I bought the boys new $40 backpacks last year and they are still using them for this year! I got sick of buying cheap ass backpacks. I also spent money on good lunch bags form Lands End. They better last till highschool since they were $25 each!
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Gabe is also REALLY hard on his. We usually have to buy him one at the beginning of the school year and again in the middle Since I am buying them for him, I also get Savannah's and she will switch hers around to what she feels like using.
  4. Senior Member
    my kids aren't in school yet, BUT I'll be spending the money on a Jansport for them because if it wears out in 1 year I can call them and get a new one to replace it...I had mine for 3 years in HS and it finally started to wear out my mom called them and I got a new one for free.
  5. Always n Forever
    Always n Forever
    We got Gaven a nice one from LL Bean last year and it is still in perfect condition, so he will use it again this year Def. worth the $40 i paid for it!
  6. Senior Member
    http://www.patagonia.com/web/us/prod...ODUCTS&ws=true

Here's a super awesome deal on a backpack with a lifetime warranty. It's a little more pricey than the average back pack, but the quality definitely surpasses the average. If anything breaks they will fix it for FREE, as long as it is within their guidelines. I think it's a good buy, and definitely would last for years. For anyone that needs something that would last for more than just a few years, I thought I would link it. I just bought one for myself for college, because the full sized packs I have had in the past from them definitely stand the test of time. lol.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We went through 2 backpacks last year and I have no clue how.
    He has the one from mid-year but insisted on one of those over the shoulder 1 strap kind so I gave in.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jen1982 View Post
    http://www.patagonia.com/web/us/prod...ODUCTS&ws=true

Here's a super awesome deal on a backpack with a lifetime warranty. It's a little more pricey than the average back pack, but the quality definitely surpasses the average. If anything breaks they will fix it for FREE, as long as it is within their guidelines. I think it's a good buy, and definitely would last for years. For anyone that needs something that would last for more than just a few years, I thought I would link it. I just bought one for myself for college, because the full sized packs I have had in the past from them definitely stand the test of time. lol.
    Those are AWESOME packs. I need a new, comfortable, durable one that is capable of holding my laptop, and it will be coming from there.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    when they are younger yes........

when they are older I only buy as needed.
  10. Senior Member
    Generally yes. My kids backpacks are usually falling apart by the end of the year. My oldest dd had one her KDG. year that was still in perfect shape, but it was strawberry shortcake and she had outgrown it. No worries, my niece fell in love with it so we just gave it to her for her KDG. year! Even my preschooler needed a backpack replacement this year!
    "What's so good about good-bye? It is good to be reminded that life is brief, at best, with no dress rehearsals, and the seasons we are privileged to share together are even more fleeting. Good-bye is good if it teaches us to cherish the life and breath, strength and sound mind, and the moments we are allowed to walk side by side with a friend. Good-bye is good if, in that difficult moment, we stand still long enough to give thanks to God for the lessons we've learned together, the love given, and the love received, recognizing that these are gifts from the hand of God." ~Marshele Carter Waddell
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast