Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Strange Food Allergies

1. I argue thee that love is life. And life hath immortality.
    I argue thee that love is life. And life hath immortality.
    Blog Entries

Help Strange Food Allergies

Advertisements
    Ok so for a quick background when I was younger I do not remember ever having problems with food allergies of any kind at the same time I have not double checked with my mother either. I have had problems with eating disorders in my teens which I think may have caused more of a digestive sensitivity to certain foods, IDK, that's just my own weird theory. My late teens and especially early 20s I have noticed that I have allergies to certain foods. I am allergic to bananas to the point that even the artificial flavoring sends my body into an allergic reaction also a mild allergy to peanuts those are my the two I'm definite about. It seems like most of my allergies revolve around fruit and mildly soy. Has anyone ever had or heard of someone being allergic to fruit? It's only fresh because I can buy canned or baby food fruit and don't have any problems, I wash the fruit really well have tried regular and organic and the different fruit washes yet unless it's a citrus fruit I generally end up having a reaction to it. Itchy, tight throat, coughing, vomiting, rashes, etc. I've had a few cases of reactions to the point of my throat swelling. Unfortunately, right now I don't have medical insurance so I can't see a doctor so I am finding out about allergies to stuff the hard way...Trial & Error
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    don't know how to help, but I thought I would this for you!

3. I argue thee that love is life. And life hath immortality.
    I argue thee that love is life. And life hath immortality.
    Blog Entries
    Aww thank you I just did some more research and found a diagnosis, it's called Oral Allergy Syndrome.
  4. Senior Member
    yes, i have heard of this. my mom is allergic to all tropical fruits, kiwi, mango, papaya, starfruit, pineapple, etc. she developed this allergy too. all tropical fruits have the same enzyme in them, so thats how they are related... also, canned fruit does not bother her as much, because when cans are processed, the enzyme breaks down...

bananas have a specific protein in them, and you must be allergic to that...

just be careful, don't take chances, ask if something has banana in it at all...

i have a lot of food allergies, and some of them are weird, so if you ever have any questions, or want to talk, throw me a PM
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early