Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Gluten Free Shopping

1. Senior Member

Gluten Free Shopping

Advertisements
    What's on your personal Gluten free shopping list?

I'm going shopping tomorrow after being told that I need to be on a gluten free diet. I'm being tested next week but the doctor is pretty sure its a gluten intolerance. So I'm curious what are your staples?
  2. Senior Member
    Long Grain Rice is my current absolute must
    Glutino brand crackers are good
    I've tried the frozen waffles and those were winners too

Honestly, I mostly have gone to a raw veggie/meat diet. Fresh veggies steamed and baked chicken with various marinades and seasonings. Ground turkey cooked various ways. I've stayed away from most "gluten free" advertised foods and just learned to look at the labels and go that route.

I'm sure others who have been doing it longer can give you some more tips though.
  3. Senior Member
    Thanks! I'm sure that I'll do mostly the raw/cooked veggie and meat route too. I'm just not sure what I'm looking for when I read labels yet.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HisBlueBird View Post
    Long Grain Rice is my current absolute must
    Glutino brand crackers are good
    I've tried the frozen waffles and those were winners too

Honestly, I mostly have gone to a raw veggie/meat diet. Fresh veggies steamed and baked chicken with various marinades and seasonings. Ground turkey cooked various ways. I've stayed away from most "gluten free" advertised foods and just learned to look at the labels and go that route.

I'm sure others who have been doing it longer can give you some more tips though.
    Thats basically mine too but b/c of $$ reasons. I like the Vans waffles. I buy my gluten free noodles at the commissary, I dont even remember the brand name lol Kinnikinnick graham crackers are yummy. Love Glutino crackers and pretzels. Love Against the Grain bagels. Gluten free food is VERY VERY expensive. I have been gluten free since 2005 so if you have any questions I'd be happy to help.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lckychrmzz View Post
    Thats basically mine too but b/c of $$ reasons. I like the Vans waffles. I buy my gluten free noodles at the commissary, I dont even remember the brand name lol Kinnikinnick graham crackers are yummy. Love Glutino crackers and pretzels. Love Against the Grain bagels. Gluten free food is VERY VERY expensive. I have been gluten free since 2005 so if you have any questions I'd be happy to help.
    Gluten free is very expensive! I went to Clarks today, its an organic/health food store in my area and WOW... I left with nearly $200 dollars worth of stuff and only a few meals. I have a feeling I'm just going to be living off of meats and salads and having the specialty stuff only here and there. I'm slowly learning how to read the labels. Not an easy task!
  6. Senior Member
    I pretty much stick to veggies/turkey/fish/chicken. I avoid most gluten-free items because the majority contain soy, and I'm also allergic to soy so that doesn't help me much. I stick to alot of brown rice items too.