Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long did it take

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Lv. Percent
    61.92%

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthused Meerkat View Post
    I'm not sure if our situation was similar...but we had a huge delay after we got married and moved. Here's the timeline...
    Saturday, 11/17 we got married.
    Tuesday, 11/20 I was in DEERS as his dependent.
    Friday, 11/23 we moved from Jacksonville, FL to the D.C. area.
    We were getting paid single guy, Jacksonville, FL BAH until mid March the next year. It was a huge difference from married guy D.C. metro area BAH.

**We were told the same thing you were...it'll be on the next check...then the next, etc.
    That's so crappy! DH is getting zero BAH because he lived in the barracks. We both updated all our information in DEERS like 3 days later when we got our temporary marriage cert. He turned in all the paperwork like a week after that because of an underway.

DH talked to his yeoman a few days ago who called PSD. PSD said it should be on the next paycheck (today's) and if it isn't they're "99% sure it'll be on the next one." WTf? 99% sure? Look that shit up and stop playing guessing games. But of course my passive husband just took their word for it... again. Ugh
  2. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Lv. Percent
    5.54%
    It took us a few months the first time around. I was in DEERS at the beginning of August and we didn't get BAH until November sometime. Hang in there!

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12