Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Paying back travel pay

  1. Senior Member
    caljmw649's Avatar
    caljmw649 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Together in North Carolina!
    Posts
    1,582
    #1

    Paying back travel pay

    Advertisements
    DH just got an email stating that he owes money that he received last May for travel pay. He didn't receive any travel pay except for the hotel stay. At least that I'm recalling. If he did receive any additional money it surely isn't as much as that email states! He wants me to print out his LES and our bank statement from that time. But what other steps do we need to take?
  2. Senior Member
    PaUSMC's Avatar
    PaUSMC is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    655
    #2
    He didn't receive DLA right? I don't think thats authorized for moving to your first permanent duty station.
  3. Senior Member
    idratherbehiking's Avatar
    idratherbehiking is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Arendelle
    Posts
    5,783
    #3
    Are you sure the email is legit? Don't they normally dock your pay in these situations

    Did he get an advance for the move? He needs to speak with IPAC and DMO




  4. Senior Member
    caljmw649's Avatar
    caljmw649 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Together in North Carolina!
    Posts
    1,582
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by PaUSMC View Post
    He didn't receive DLA right? I don't think thats authorized for moving to your first permanent duty station.
    I'm not sure what FLA is...but I doubt he received it. I only remember money being deposited into our account for his hotel stay. I don't remember any other money being deposited into our account. But I'm double checking it now
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Are you sure the email is legit? Don't they normally dock your pay in these situations

    Did he get an advance for the move? He needs to speak with IPAC and DMO
    I haven't seen the email since he's still at work. But that's the first thing I'll make sure of when I see it. I have heard of pay being docked in situations like this. And we cannot afford that. So it needs to be sorted out asap. We were planning on going to finance. What is IPAC and DMO? He didn't get an advance and he doesn't have a government travel card
  5. Senior Member
    idratherbehiking's Avatar
    idratherbehiking is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Arendelle
    Posts
    5,783
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by caljmw649 View Post
    I'm not sure what FLA is...but I doubt he received it. I only remember money being deposited into our account for his hotel stay. I don't remember any other money being deposited into our account. But I'm double checking it now

    I haven't seen the email since he's still at work. But that's the first thing I'll make sure of when I see it. I have heard of pay being docked in situations like this. And we cannot afford that. So it needs to be sorted out asap. We were planning on going to finance. What is IPAC and DMO? He didn't get an advance and he doesn't have a government travel card
    The DLA is dislocation allowance and everyone gets it for moving. You have to administratively complete the move at the new station or else you have to pay back all that money. For the hotel he would have had to have gotten money reimbursed after providing reciepts, so the fact that you're saying he got it deposited makes me think they gave him an advance.

    IPAC is admin (maybe the Army calls it something else) and DMO is the office that handles the moves.




  6. Senior Member
    caljmw649's Avatar
    caljmw649 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Together in North Carolina!
    Posts
    1,582
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    The DLA is dislocation allowance and everyone gets it for moving. You have to administratively complete the move at the new station or else you have to pay back all that money. For the hotel he would have had to have gotten money reimbursed after providing reciepts, so the fact that you're saying he got it deposited makes me think they gave him an advance.

    IPAC is admin (maybe the Army calls it something else) and DMO is the office that handles the moves.
    If he received the DLA where would I see that? I'm looking at all of his previous LES' and not seeing anything indicating he received extra pay. But then again I'm not seeing the pay he received for yhe hotel stay. When I click on the travel w2 it says that there was none located.
  7. Senior Member
    caljmw649's Avatar
    caljmw649 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Together in North Carolina!
    Posts
    1,582
    #7
    So I looked at our bank statement from last year. It does show travel pay. But he said he filled out the form for the travel pay and handed it in to the welcome center.
  8. Senior Member
    idratherbehiking's Avatar
    idratherbehiking is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Arendelle
    Posts
    5,783
    #8
    He should contact DMO to resolve the issue. It could have been an administrative error that they just now caught. Have him call DMO




  9. Senior Member
    caljmw649's Avatar
    caljmw649 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Together in North Carolina!
    Posts
    1,582
    #9
    We went to the welcome center and talked to the travel office. They pulled up all travel pay he received and explained it to us. He received DLA but never filled out the proper paper for that as he didn't know he had to. We filled out the paper right there so hopefully things will get sorted out.
    I appreciate everyones help! We were both freaking out

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •