Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Navy Federal and USAA mortgages

1. Senior Member

Navy Federal and USAA mortgages

Advertisements
    Experiences with a mortgage through USAA or Navy Federal? Give me the good, bad and the ugly. So far I've heard bad reviews with USAA.
  2. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    My mortgage is nfcu. It was easy and I had no trouble. Not sure how to be more specific. they were very familiar with VA loans so that was nice.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  3. Senior Member
    Our mortgage was through USAA, and it was a great experience. The seller's agent said it was the easiest closing he'd ever had. We did not do a VA loan.

Honestly, I think the rate is really the most important thing. To me, it would be worth dealing with headaches and stress if it got me a lower rate for the next 30 years.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. Senior Member
    Our mortgage was through USAA, and it was a great experience. The seller's agent said it was the easiest closing he'd ever had. We did not do a VA loan.

Honestly, I think the rate is really the most important thing. To me, it would be worth dealing with headaches and stress if it got me a lower rate for the next 30 years.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. Senior Member
    We looked at Navy Fed but they took forever to get back to us. Reached out to them at the beginning of our house hunt and we're 'in-review' until we were in the closing stages with another company. The lack of communication was terrible. Every ther aspect of Navy Fed has been a great experience so maybe it was just a fluke?
  6. Senior Member
    DB has a mortgage through Navy Fed and he was happy with the experience and got a low rate. The one thing that was annoying was that they "assigned" him a realtor and she wouldn't show houses outside of her immediate area. I don't know if that was a Navy Fed thing or because it was a VA loan or just a fluke.

For what it's worth I have a conventional loan with a large national bank and used a realtor I found online. I read a ton of reviews and had a really great experience too. Having a good realtor makes a huge difference, especially if its your first home. Good luck!
  7. Come along with me, misery loves company.
    Come along with me, misery loves company.

We just bought a house thru Navy Fed. It was pretty easy but the loan processor was kind of a hot mess. She drove me crazy, because I'd get in touch with her to find out about paperwork, and she'd verify everything was good, then the next day I get an email saying she needs 12 documents by the next day. It was frustrating to me. But it worked out well and they were very helpful and nice enough!
  8. Senior Member
    We used Navy Fed. a few years ago and had a great experience. Of course, they needed LOTS of paperwork but that is typical with any home loan process. Nothing sticks out in my head as far as being bad or ugly!
  9. Senior Member
    We used USAA for our mortgage and use their program and were assigned a realtor. The whole process was pretty simple and easy and once we were done with the entire process after closing, USAA gave us an amount in our checking account that was based on the value of the home we purchased.
  10. Senior Member
    We have a mortgage with USAA and it was a very simple process .... We have actually refinanced once and that was super easy once they have your original loan.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast