Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I just found out our accountant is crazy and isn't an accountant! Help!?

1. Regular Member
    Advertisements
    Thank you for your direction! I appreciate it.

"It should be easily fixable v(although it could be costly unfortunately) as long as you have all of the backup to give to a new CPA. "
    The costly thing I know. Honestly, I'm going to have the books audited and straightened out, and then shut down by business. I'm just done. This was the final thing. I'm done. I struggle with letting go of guilt and frustration of being effectively a fraction of my former self enough already. The idea that I'm going to be even more expensive for our family because of mistakes I've made with this situation (being oblivious that the person lied about every aspect of their life) is just too much.

On the more positive side, I kept meticulous records (to the point that I'm almost a fucking hoarder) and I'm not ruling out that maybe the accounting has been accurate, even though the person was a fraud. So, knows about the total cost. Maybe it will be okay. I don't know.
  2. Senior Member
    I'm so sorry you had to go through all this. Sounds like such a headache
  3. Regular Member
    You're kind I guess it's a headache. After the initial "My brain isn't working, what the hell is going on" phase, the rest of it hasn't been too horrible. And that makes me GRATEFUL!! I'm optimistic until I'm really, really not. Haha.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123