Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Advice and resources request...

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Confused Advice and resources request...

Advertisements
    So this post is not related as much to my own relationship, but rather is a result of an intense group with my Marines today at work...

Many of them are in the process of being separated from the military in one form or another, and are concerned about financial difficulties and support. Do any of you know of any advice or resources available for those facing either an administrative separation or medically based board with an "Other Than Honorable" or general Discharge?!

What about dishonorable (none of them are facing this, but we have had guys in the past that did, and I'm sure we will in the future)...

Thanks so much for your help and advice!
  2. Senior Member
    Hope this isnt more spam!

No advice for you, just wanted to say
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  3. Senior Member
    Have they taken the TAP (Transition Assistance Program, I think) class, or whatever the equivalent is in the Marines? The VA would be another resource. Contact them and ask this question and they may be able to help.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Have they taken the TAP (Transition Assistance Program, I think) class, or whatever the equivalent is in the Marines? The VA would be another resource. Contact them and ask this question and they may be able to help.
    Marines take the TAPs class. OP, this should be their first start. It will answer so many questions, from finances to benefits, to resumes.