Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Credit Card Application Pending

1. Junior Member

Credit Card Application Pending

Advertisements
    My husband applied for a Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card today and received the dreaded message "we need to review your application and will contact you in 7-10 days". We wanted to get it to utilize the travel and dining-out points, plus it has a chip and no foreign transaction fee.

Does anyone know if they take longer to verify applications that use an APO address? I don't understand why he wouldn't have had an instant approval. He has credit scores of 750, 758, and 791 and a FICO score of 805. He has 6 credit cards with a total limit of $34,000 but with only 15% utilization. Two of them have nearly $10,000 limits each (After research it seems that to get this card the applicant has to have at least one card with a CL of over $5k). His income is more than double the required income. His oldest account is 14 years old and the average age of his accounts are 6 years. He has not applied for any credit for 3 years.

Does anyone have any idea why he didn't get approved (at least yet)?

Thanks!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Probably because you are overseas. Just to make sure it isn't a fraud account.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    Probably because you are overseas. Just to make sure it isn't a fraud account.
    This, recent change in addresses, debt to credit ratio. Ie he, he can "borrow" up to about $28000 more dollars. This makes him a potential credit risk if he has not utilized and payed off that much before. Too much unused credit is not always good.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Has he called the company to ask? I know that sounds kind of silly, but DH applied for one, got the same message, and ended up being approved quicker when he called and spoke to a rep. Could be worth a shot!

5. Junior Member
    Thanks all I made him call when he got home today and it turned out to be just that he needed to verify who he said he was (due to the APO address). They then turned around and gave him a CL of $17,900!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Tamzyn View Post
    Thanks all I made him call when he got home today and it turned out to be just that he needed to verify who he said he was (due to the APO address). They then turned around and gave him a CL of $17,900!!!
    glad it all went through!! i had this happen to me the other day too for something as simple as a middle initial in my credit report but i didnt put it on the application...