Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Military Housing Assistance Fund (MHAF)?

1. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.

Military Housing Assistance Fund (MHAF)?

Advertisements
    Has anybody heard of this and/or know if its legit? - Military Housing Assistance, Veterans Closing Cost Grants

If it isn't already obvious, we're looking in to buying a house and veterans' resources.

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

2. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    You can create a free GuideStar account and look them up! Nonprofit Report for MILITARY HOUSING ASSISTANCE FUND

eta I couldn't find them on Charity Navigator though
  3. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    You can create a free GuideStar account and look them up! Nonprofit Report for MILITARY HOUSING ASSISTANCE FUND

eta I couldn't find them on Charity Navigator though
    Thank you!!! I'll do some more digging.

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

4. Senior Member
    I can't find anything online that says its a scam but I found this on their website which makes me suspicious...

A: A military service man or woman who would like to be a homebuyer need only qualify for a mortgage loan. Unlike most gifts, ours is a true gift that never needs to be repaid by you, the builder, or the seller. Also there is no administrative fee whatsoever charged for using our gift program. You will work with our approved Realtors©and mortgage lenders that are trained to help you in either of our programs.

Itís really that simple!
    I personally would not feel comfortable utilizing a service that requires me to use THEIR realtors and mortgage lenders so it definitely appears that the program comes with some very big strings attached.
  5. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by RetepDoc View Post
    I can't find anything online that says its a scam but I found this on their website which makes me suspicious...

I personally would not feel comfortable utilizing a service that requires me to use THEIR realtors and mortgage lenders so it definitely appears that the program comes with some very big strings attached.
    Thanks for pointing that out! I noticed it too and just emailed them asking about that caveat. I'll update with their response.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Considering

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Penni View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out! I noticed it too and just emailed them asking about that caveat. I'll update with their response.
    Did you ever get an answer. I have a realtor I chose to use. Will they allow that? Thank you!