Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Mint!

1. Senior Member

Mint!

Advertisements
    After attending a class last night that recommended it, I signed up for Mint this morning! I'm so excited to be able to accurately track my spending. But now I'm embarrassed on how much I spend at restaurants

Does anyone have any tips for making Mint work as well as possible? Do you have any other financial tools for lazy people, such as myself?

Edit: What financial models do you like? I've looked at a lot of Dave Ramsey's stuff which is awesome for a lot of debt but that's not really me. If you have any things I should look into regarding not (emotionally) spending, I would be so grateful!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Katayoun View Post
    After attending a class last night that recommended it, I signed up for Mint this morning! I'm so excited to be able to accurately track my spending. But now I'm embarrassed on how much I spend at restaurants

Does anyone have any tips for making Mint work as well as possible? Do you have any other financial tools for lazy people, such as myself?
    I really want to use this, but it won't connect with my bank. Every time I try I get an error.

I Eelizah
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
    I really want to use this, but it won't connect with my bank. Every time I try I get an error.
    Mine did that too! But then it showed as actually synced. It was very confusing. Have you contacted support? The live chat was super helpful
  4. Senior Member
    I've been meaning to try this!
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I've been meaning to try this!
    Do it! It's kind of fun, actually. I really like that your budget can roll over. So if I don't spend as much on clothes as I budgeted, I get a bigger budget the next month!
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mint is Great! and free!!
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  7. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I want to love it, so much, but I couldn't get it to sync properly with my student loans and retirement accounts so I gave up. If I can't see EVERYTHING, it just won't work for me.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  8. Senior Member
    I used to use it, but now we are overseas and it doesn't link with international banks. One thing you need to check is that things are categorized correctly! Sometimes it will put things in the wrong category.
    ~Sara~
  9. Senior Member
    youneedabudget.com. I couldn't do mint because the money had already been spent, and it didn't help me change my habits in the now. You Need A Budget is about being proactive with your money.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roxieluvs View Post
    youneedabudget.com. I couldn't do mint because the money had already been spent, and it didn't help me change my habits in the now. You Need A Budget is about being proactive with your money.
    My mom uses this! This is how our (DH and my) budget was already set up. We don't use the program because we have our own excel sheets that we use to track everything in, but my mom was able to pay off so much credit card debt with in the first couple months after using YNAB.

I strictly use Mint for the free credit score every 3 months and the tracking of net worth (although, it isn't accurate since we have 2 overseas bank accounts, but it's easy to just add them in on my own)
    ~Sara~