Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slightly concerned but probably over-reacting...

1. Fur/Feather/Scale Momma
    Fur/Feather/Scale Momma
    Blog Entries

Slightly concerned but probably over-reacting...

Advertisements
    I am concerned because DH has a very high security clearance and the woman who did his interview with a reference told them that she had missed her mortgage payment by two days due to a holiday and her husband lost his clearance. That just seems absolutely absurd! Is that because it was a "big" investment or something? Or was she probably delinquent in the past? I mean granted I always get my rent in as soon as they bill me. But there have been times where I was late by accident in the past (on either utilities or credit card) and this kind of stuff scares me because I don't want to screw up DH's security clearance.

Fur/feather momma to Zeus, Inky, Doodle, and Hermes
  2. Senior Member
    If she told him that, she is full of shit, either on purpose or due to a misunderstanding. A few late payments it totally meaningless.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. Senior Member
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't go on your credit report until you are 30 days delinquent.

In fact I am certain they are not allowed to report it until 30 days.
  4. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanduh View Post
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't go on your credit report until you are 30 days delinquent.

In fact I am certain they are not allowed to report it until 30 days.
    You would be correct they cannot report delinquent payments until 30 days! We had to reassure a lot of borrowers when they were calling at my old job that their delinquent payments would not impact their credit until 30 days past due!

5. Fur/Feather/Scale Momma
    Fur/Feather/Scale Momma
    Blog Entries
    See that's what I thought! I thought it was weird that a situation like that could affect us that much. I dunno if it was the reference exaggerating or the interviewer exaggerating... both are likely knowing that particular reference.

Phew I feel so much better. I knew I was probably overreacting but hearing that I was is helpful.

Fur/feather momma to Zeus, Inky, Doodle, and Hermes
  6. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    They don't revoke clearances for something like that. They probably had a major financial problem she's omitting. When they do a clearance investigation, they look at everything and take into account factors like maturity, frequency, etc.
  7. Senior Member
    Even if you have a few late payments on your report, it still doesn't matter. It is only a concern if you have so much debt that it looks like you'd be desperate enough to sell secrets. So as long as you are current on your debt and it isn't a super insane amount, you are totally fine.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    2 days late isn't even really considered late. She is either making that up or leaving out a whole lot.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

everyones right however suspension of a clearance is up to the agency's discretion, i know people who have had their clearances suspended for the stupidest reasons ever, including accidentally leaving a suitcase in a 7/11. so while the government probably didn't pull it i can see how it could be suspended but i would think there was more to the story.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I just had a thought. As if that wasn't unusual enough, it may apply here.
    When I was a kid, and i didn't want to go to school the next day, I would wake up and tell my parents I was feeling sick. They would usually make me go.
    What I learned though was that if i told them I was not feeling well before I went to bed, and then again the next morning, I would usually get to stay home. It was the setup for the big lie.

Now lets say your DH knew he was in trouble for something, and was going to lose his security clearance. And whatever it was, he did not want to tell you. In fact he wanted to take the heat off himself.
    So when his clearance does get pulled, he comes home and tells you it was YOUR credit that did it. Normally, you would be all like "Oh bs! they can't pull it for that! what did you do?"
    But now, he has the story primed. "Hun, the sec lady told me that someone elses security got pulled because of something his wife did!'
    And then he comes home in a month or two, and instead of having to admit why it was really pulled, he tells you "yeah, sorry hun, don't feel bad, but it was your fault. I warned you this could happen."
    And since you had been pre-warned it could happen, you don't doubt it, you just feel real bad about it.

However, what he did not count on was you checking up on his story with your M-sauce peeps! The ladies who know little to lots about little to everything military! And they are telling you that the story smells.

Of course I am not accusing your DH of being so crafty and sly and slimey. It was just a thought that occurred to me that this is something someone might pull.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast