Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I finally did it

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

I finally did it

Advertisements
    I finally got a regular ol' credit card I have carecredit for emergency's to help my credit out but DH said it was time to be a big girl and finally get an actual credit card ....UGH

Gotta start building credit one day, right? Is it sad that at the age of 25 I've never had one?

do you have a credit card? If so how many?
  2. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

We didn't for the longest time but we do now for emergencies and one for gas. We have our visa and then our Costco Amex and then DH has his cc for training purchases and army stuff when he's away.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wackadoo View Post
    We didn't for the longest time but we do now for emergencies and one for gas. We have our visa and then our Costco Amex and then DH has his cc for training purchases and army stuff when he's away.

I've never really needed one since DH has a few of them for emegencies but I was looking at my credit yesterday and I have like no history really

I'll probably get gas on this once a month or so
  4. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    I have had one since I turned 20. Was actually gonna get another some time in the next year, but I want to wait until we are a bit more financially set since we just moved/started new jobs/got a dog/etc.. so I can do an AMEX.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Between the two of us and the business? 8 or 10. We have three that we use as primary cards. A few we use for balance transfers, etc.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  6. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by jellybeanerr View Post
    I finally got a regular ol' credit card I have carecredit for emergency's to help my credit out but DH said it was time to be a big girl and finally get an actual credit card ....UGH

Gotta start building credit one day, right? Is it sad that at the age of 25 I've never had one?

do you have a credit card? If so how many?
    I have one, but we don't carry a balance. Basically just have it so we don't have to deal with holds on rental cars/hotels, and my bank made me an offer I couldn't refuse in terms of rewards.
  7. Come along with me, misery loves company.
    Come along with me, misery loves company.

I got two when I was 20, but those have since been cancelled. We have one currently. I only use it if I have the money in my account to pay the entire balance off though. It's to help rebuild our credit, so I will use it for the cable and cell phone bill, since I would be paying via debit anyway, and gas.
  8. Senior Member
    I have a regular credit card and a Macy's credit card. If I use it I pay it off immediately and I wouldn't buy something that I couldn't afford. I hear its safet to use credit cards while shopping online and it also offers some rewards which are nice!
  9. Senior Member
    I just got my first real credit card, I had to though. We had a full mattress on the door forever and it was really starting to be painful so we had to get a new bed and couldn't afford it any other way. But that's all I've put on there and all I will until the bed is paid off.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    I have 1. I got my first at 18. At the most, I think I had 3 or 4, but I have since cancelled all but the one I got at 18. DH has never had one and he doesn't want one. To each his own.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast