Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pets and Rental Insurance

1. Senior Member

Pets and Rental Insurance

Advertisements
    Anyone have rental insurance through USAA? Can you put your animals on it? With big dogs we wanted to get our dogs covered before we moved into a rental house, but I can't find anything on the USAA website about pets.

2. Senior Member
    we had it with Lexi when we rented. Not sure if they do or do not insure for German Shepherds though. (Some breeds aren't covered.)
  3. Senior Member
    We have USAA with our German Shepherd. They covered us no problem.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RetepDoc View Post
    We have USAA with our German Shepherd. They covered us no problem.
    Awesome! Is there a way I can do it online or do I need to call?

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    Awesome! Is there a way I can do it online or do I need to call?
    $100K of pet coverage is automatically included in USAA's renters insurance. We got our renters insurance before we got Mason (our german shepherd) and did everything online. The online application never asked about pets. Once we got Mason I called USAA to see what we needed to do to get him covered and they told us we didn't have to do anything...it was included in our policy (and I guess all rental policies) to begin with.
  6. Senior Member
    $100K of pet coverage is automatically included in USAA's renters insurance. We got our renters insurance before we got Mason (our german shepherd) and did everything online. The online application never asked about pets. Once we got Mason I called USAA to see what we needed to do to get him covered and they told us we didn't have to do anything...it was included in our policy (and I guess all rental policies) to begin with.
    Ah ok cool. I'll call USAA tomorrow just to make sure, but thanks for your help!

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    Ah ok cool. I'll call USAA tomorrow just to make sure, but thanks for your help!
    Of course!
  8. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Oh really?! That is awesome! We have rental insurance through USAA and I just asked my husband if he knew about that and he said no. I am going to look into it now!

life's a party, rock your body
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjennyy View Post
    Oh really?! That is awesome! We have rental insurance through USAA and I just asked my husband if he knew about that and he said no. I am going to look into it now!
    Yeah I was really surprised! I know a lot of companies will allow you to add on pet insurance but it was pretty sweet that USAA's already included it. I remember the guy saying something about if we wanted to increase the coverage we could pay a higher premium but it wasn't worth it to us. $100k is more than enough for us.
  10. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

I had no idea USAA did that. We are shopping for renter's insurance but USAA just may have won.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast