Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bankaccount

1. my kitchen is for dancing
    my kitchen is for dancing

Bankaccount

Advertisements
    I am wondering what bank you all use.
    I need a bank account but dont know what is a good bank.
    Getting used to the new lifestyle far away from home and leaving my fear behind each day a little more.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    USAA and Bank of America. The account I have with BOA I have had for about 30 years, so I hate getting rid of it, otherwise I would be with USAA exclusively. They are amazing.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    What type of banking are you looking to do? Just a standard savings and checking? Investment checking?

I just do savings and checking at this point and use a local bank. I've used Wells Fargo in the past when I went to college because they are everywhere, but I got bombed with fees on my so called "free checking".
  4. Senior Member
    DH and I use Bank of America. I wouldn't necessarily recommend them though. They've done some shady stuff in the past regarding charges fees for stupid shit. We still bank with them for convenience (i.e. I'm lazy and don't want to deal with closing the account yet).

I had used Chase prior to Bank of America and I HATED Chase. My account had originally been with Washington Mutual (who I loved), but then Chase bought Washington Mutual and all the accounts got switched to Chase. Every time that I went into Chase for basic things, they managed to screw it up. Maybe it wasn't their fault (trying to consolidate accounts/change systems), but it left such a horrible taste in my mouth that I'll never go back to Chase.

The most important suggestion I would give you is make sure that you get a FREE account. I have heard so many things recently about people paying monthly fees for accounts and it's absolute . Your account should be free for checking or savings. There are lots of banks out there, so look around for one that will give you a free account.
  5. Senior Member

USAA!
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Also, if you are planning on staying in one location for many years, look at local credit unions. They are usually known for great customer service and low fees.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  7. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    USAA..

its easy, you never have to change banks... great customer service..

we do everything (except mortgage) thru them.. bank, insurance, car loan... IRA... mutual fund..

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  8. Senior Member
    USAA. I used to bank with BOA but their customer service has gone downhill over the years so I finally gave up on them and made the move over to USAA. I absolutely love USAA and cannot say enough good things about them!
  9. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by MissNik View Post
    The most important suggestion I would give you is make sure that you get a FREE account. I have heard so many things recently about people paying monthly fees for accounts and it's absolute . Your account should be free for checking or savings. There are lots of banks out there, so look around for one that will give you a free account.
    I definitely agree with this! Service fees are such BS. A lot of banks will say "well it's so easy to get rid of them" and then you have to do things like move your direct deposit to them, swipe your debit card X times a statement cycle, keep a certain minimum balance, etc. Wells Fargo tried to get me to do a checking account there to get savings on my mortgage but after I heard about their fees I had to say no, I just don't want to deal with that and no way I'm moving a direct deposit.

We have USAA and we love them.

I really like not having to pay ATM fees either, there are banks out there where you don't have to so I think that's now a requirement for me when it comes to checking at least.
  10. my kitchen is for dancing
    my kitchen is for dancing
    i just want a checking and saving for my paycheck.
    I was at BOA and I kinda didnt liked it.
    Maybe to look into USAA, do I need my husband for this?
    Getting used to the new lifestyle far away from home and leaving my fear behind each day a little more.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast