Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dave Ramsey - Military Ed. Worth it?

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Smile Dave Ramsey - Military Ed. Worth it?

Advertisements
    I've always heard good things about Dave Ramsey and there is a military edition available, but I'm wondering if it's worth it? Or should I just get the regular edition?

Because
    - My SO, is not reenlisting and I'm not sure if the military ed would be more geared towards those making a career out of it? But at the same time there are still benefits he gains from being in the military financially, and I wouldn't want that to be omitted.

Thanks y'all!
  2. Senior Member
    Check your local library and you can likely get most of the info for free. Seems like a far more appropriate way to start a journey toward healthier finances.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Hello Dave Ramsey - Military Ed. Worth it?

I've always heard good things about Dave Ramsey and there is a military edition available, but I'm wondering if it's worth it? Or should I just get the regular edition?

Because
    - My SO, is not reenlisting and I'm not sure if the military ed would be more geared towards those making a career out of it? But at the same time there are still benefits he gains from being in the military financially, and I wouldn't want that to be omitted.

Thanks y'all!
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wifeforlife View Post

Because

Thanks y'all!
    Never heard of it.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Welcome to MSOS. Please start a Newbie thread here: Newbies so we can get to know you better.

We ask that you please not start multiple threads that are identical. I have merged them since they both had responses.

Please also read this thread: Everything A Newbie Needs To Know!!!. It has valuable information for Newbies about our community.
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Repeating Thread

Sorry I updated my computer and my wifi has been acting up, it must have posted multiple times by itself.
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Library

So I can get the Dave Ramsey system there? Not sure what you meant.
    I want to use his system because it is easier for me to understand- it's all laid out. I know there's resources to use in the library, but I can't access them as easily as I would want to.
  8. By the power of Greyskull...
    By the power of Greyskull...
    DR is great.
    Another great (free) resource is Now I Was Broke, Now I'm Not. He has a lot of tools available for free.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I believe the military edition is the same as the regular with an added lesson that covers specific military circumstances like pcs-ing, deployment, and tsp. Its been a while since I've seen it so I can't remember much. Personally, I didn't find the lesson added much and I saw it after I had done the regular one. That may have changed since the classes were shortened, but overall I don't think there really is much difference.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wifeforlife View Post
    So I can get the Dave Ramsey system there? Not sure what you meant.
    I want to use his system because it is easier for me to understand- it's all laid out. I know there's resources to use in the library, but I can't access them as easily as I would want to.
    Most libraries will have the DR books. Yes. For free.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast