Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What rewards do you have for your credit card?

1. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

What rewards do you have for your credit card?

Advertisements
    I'm thinking of getting a credit card since DH and I will both have commutes ... basically we're going to be spending more on gas so we were thinking of taking advantage of a rewards program. I need cash back because I don't the time/inclination/patience to deal with points.

The best rewards program that I can find so far is 5% back on gas, 2% back on groceries, and 1% back on everything else. But what do ya'll use? Maybe there's a better deal out there for me! If someone has a card that can beat this one, I want to know about it for sure.
  2. Senior Member
    That sound like a good deal since you'll mostly use it for gas. I know my parents got a shell card because that's what they used the most and was therefore most beneficial.

I recently got an amazon card since we live overseas and I order from them so much. Just think about what company you'll be using it with most and see if they have a card
  3. Senior Member
    I would get a gas station card, like valero. My dad has that, uses it only for gas. It has some kind of benefit, though I don't remember what it is. I'll have to find out.

4. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I hadn't thought about getting a gas station one! Are they specific to the gas station though? Like if I get a Shell card it would only be good for rewards if I used it at a Shell station?

I'll have to look to see what the rewards are ...
  5. Senior Member
    I know they got more back at shell, but not sure if there were other rewards for it.
  6. Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    I like to use my old navy card for gas. They often have double points. I've gotten several hundred of dollars worth of clothes for the kids for a 1/4 of the price with the rewards. I also like my disneybcard. That helps up save money for our future trip. But if your going to use it it's for gas I would stick with a card from a gas station like a pp suggested. Good luck
  7. verabot89
    verabot89
    My credit card doesnt have the best rewards-- but check around for gas deals in conjunction with grocery stores. A lot of gas stations have agreements with grocery stores, giving you a discount on gas based on your grocery spending. When I lived in Binghamton, I used to save a lot of money that way!
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

8. Senior Member
    ooo. Do you have Safeway or Kroger? they do gas rewards. When I lived in TN, I had a Kroger shopper card (not a credit card) and when I used shell, I just had to swipe the card and it was 10 cents less a gallon. Maybe your supermarket has a program which could help with gas (unrelated to a credit card) lol