Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Working from home? Help?

1. Senior Member

Working from home? Help?

Advertisements
    I'm not sure this is the right area to post this in, but....

Do any of you ladies have any experience in working from home? I don't really *need* to work, but I feel like it would be nice to bring in some money. However, it would have to be something I could do at home (and in Germany).

I really don't know what kinds of things I could do at home, so does anyone have and ideas, experiences, or things I should stay away from?
  2. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

There are many things you can do it just depends on where your interests are. You could do any number of direct sale companies (Tupperware, Scentsy, thirty one etc) . You could do online work through Lionsgate which is a searching company, my SIL works there. Or you could search your area and see if there are local companies that need things done from home like medical transcription or something.

I do Direct Sale from home and I enjoy it, but it is not for everyone.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by just, Chaleigh View Post
    There are many things you can do it just depends on where your interests are. You could do any number of direct sale companies (Tupperware, Scentsy, thirty one etc) . You could do online work through Lionsgate which is a searching company, my SIL works there. Or you could search your area and see if there are local companies that need things done from home like medical transcription or something.

I do Direct Sale from home and I enjoy it, but it is not for everyone.
    I don't think selling things would be my strong suit! lol I will definitely check into Lionsgate, though! Being in Germany has limited my options a lot in regards to working with local businesses and things. But it's definitely worth looking into! Thank you for the advice!
  4. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Do you speak any other languages besides English?

5. Senior Member
    No I don't.
  6. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by Katarina View Post
    No I don't.
    Ah boo. Moderation companies are always looking for bilingual people! It's hard to land a job if you are English only though.

7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    How's your typing?
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinderbelly View Post
    Ah boo. Moderation companies are always looking for bilingual people! It's hard to land a job if you are English only though.
    Being in Germany I REALLY should learn German! Other languages have just never been my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    How's your typing?
    Pretty good.
  9. Travel Junkie
    Travel Junkie
    Katarina, I know many people in Germany already speak English so "teaching" English isn't really a strong option, but you may find some interested in reducing their accent? Just a thought.
    I'm a speech therapist, and I do accent reduction training at home (through certification-although you do not have to be a speech therapist to do it). I offer it for individuals who emigrate from other countries and are having difficulties in the workplace due to decreased communication/their colleagues having difficulty understanding them. Maybe there is a (small?) market there for individuals who would like to increase their intelligibility in Standard American English for personal or professional reasons?

I don't know if that's something you would be interested in.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by guerita View Post
    Katarina, I know many people in Germany already speak English so "teaching" English isn't really a strong option, but you may find some interested in reducing their accent? Just a thought.
    I'm a speech therapist, and I do accent reduction training at home (through certification-although you do not have to be a speech therapist to do it). I offer it for individuals who emigrate from other countries and are having difficulties in the workplace due to decreased communication/their colleagues having difficulty understanding them. Maybe there is a (small?) market there for individuals who would like to increase their intelligibility in Standard American English for personal or professional reasons?

I don't know if that's something you would be interested in.
    That is interesting! I never thought of that! It might be an option
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast