Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tax HELPPPP

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Duh Tax HELPPPP

Advertisements
    Does anyone in the San Diego area know if there are any services provided on base for assistance in filing taxes? I already tried calling into military one source, but the VITA only allows you to ask questions, they apparently can't walk you thru the process. I am confused because the DH doesn't have to pay state taxes to PA, and I moved from NJ to CA, luckily within the same company. We rent an apartment in CA but I never switched my DL to this state, and we married in CA, not sure if that matters. I think I tried it too many different ways online where i probably confused myself even more I just don't want to file them incorrectly

Any advice is MUCH appreciated.

Thanks
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Try here?
    Telephone
    Tel: (619) 524-4112
    Address
    Building #12
    San Diego, CA
    Hours
    Not Provided
    Base
    Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego
    Website
    Not Provided
    Average Rating
    Not Provided
    Description
    The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program is open to service members, their dependents and retirees for free tax advice and preparation. The Tax Center is open weekdays from 8am to 6pm for appointments. Walk-ins are available from 11am - 1pm and again from 4 - 6pm for walk-ins. Those looking for more information or to schedule an appointment can call the Tax Center.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Try here?
    Telephone
    Tel: (619) 524-4112
    Address
    Building #12
    San Diego, CA
    Hours
    Not Provided
    Base
    Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego
    Website
    Not Provided
    Average Rating
    Not Provided
    Description
    The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program is open to service members, their dependents and retirees for free tax advice and preparation. The Tax Center is open weekdays from 8am to 6pm for appointments. Walk-ins are available from 11am - 1pm and again from 4 - 6pm for walk-ins. Those looking for more information or to schedule an appointment can call the Tax Center.
    Thanks! I'll try looking into this
  4. Senior Member
    Region Legal Service Office they have volunteers that will help taxes. (619) 556-6848 They are located in bldg 56 on Naval Base San Diego.
    ~ Sara ~
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixi7272 View Post
    Region Legal Service Office they have volunteers that will help taxes. (619) 556-6848 They are located in bldg 56 on Naval Base San Diego.
    Hmmm that's what I thought, only I had another number and just got an answering machine and they haven't gotten back to me. But I'll give that number a try too. Thanks bunches