Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DITY move W2??????

1. Senior Member

DITY move W2??????

Advertisements
    Did anyone do a full DITY in 2013 and receive a W2 for it yet? I was told we will get one in the mail and I know Friday was the last day they had to mail out any W2 forms. I have not received anything yet though, just curious when these usually come in the mail.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    if Friday was the last day to mail them - then it could be a week or so before you get it in the mail. if you do not get one contact your branches finance office to have one sent.
  3. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    They have until 15 Feb to get it to you.. if you hadn't received it by then, contact finance.

Are you sure you are getting one?
    I thought W2s were only given if there was an overage... meaning they paid you more than what was authorized.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  4. Senior Member
    Do they only mail them? I thought we got ours on my pay last year but I could be wrong.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    They have until 15 Feb to get it to you.. if you hadn't received it by then, contact finance.

Are you sure you are getting one?
    I thought W2s were only given if there was an overage... meaning they paid you more than what was authorized.
    we got one for the "profit" we made, the money we got for weight after expenses were deducted.
  6. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by maegan View Post
    Do they only mail them? I thought we got ours on my pay last year but I could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by maegan View Post
    we got one for the "profit" we made, the money we got for weight after expenses were deducted.
    Yeah, I'm surprised its not out on mypay..

and yes.. overage, as in 'profit'.. if there wasn't any profit then there wouldn't be a W2...

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  7. Banned
    Banned
    DFAS announced on their website that PPM W-2's would be mailed this year.

they are not only for those who made a large profit-

for instance- PPM expenses were 2500 dollars, reimbursement was 2700 dollars- tax would have been paid on the 200.
    for those that did not have any profit ie: expenses were 2500 and reimbursement was 2400 they would not have paid taxes at the time of the filing for the reimbursement and will not get a W-2 -- but on average most members made some profit.
  8. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    DFAS announced on their website that PPM W-2's would be mailed this year.

they are not only for those who made a large profit-

for instance- PPM expenses were 2500 dollars, reimbursement was 2700 dollars- tax would have been paid on the 200.
    for those that did not have any profit ie: expenses were 2500 and reimbursement was 2400 they would not have paid taxes at the time of the filing for the reimbursement and will not get a W-2 -- but on average most members made some profit.
    Right.. any profit/overage... I was just saying, if there wasn't any kind of overage there wouldn't be a W2.

On a side note.. I'm curious.. how would one even get an overage?
    I thought they only paid exact expenses.. that anything else is what is authorized to have?
    Does this only apply to a PPM move?

9. Senior Member
    Right.. any profit/overage... I was just saying, if there wasn't any kind of overage there wouldn't be a W2.

I thought they only paid exact expenses.. that anything else is what is authorized to have?
    Sorry, I thought you meant overage as in more than was authorized, which wouldn't happen most likely

It's only for ppm, you get paid a certain amount per pound you move regardless of your expenses.

up to the authorized amount of course.
  10. Banned
    Banned

PPMs are not paid dollar for dollar- members are paid based on the weight of their HHG's up to but not exceeding their allowable weight.

example::: the rate per pound is 65 cents and the member moves their allowed 8,000 lbs their reimbursement would be 5200 dollars- if they only spent 2500 on expenses they would profit 2700 dollars before taxes.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast