Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have a checkbook?

1. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Do you have a checkbook?

Advertisements
    Basically I guess what I'm asking is, do you have paper checks for your bank account? Do you keep them with you (i.e., in your purse)?

Sometimes I feel like a big weirdo for having them. Like at my job, everyone gets free checks with their account but a good majority of the time they decline to order them. Mostly the reasoning is that no one uses checks anymore, which I get ...

The reason I have checks is sometimes you *do* need them ... like some places don't take credit/debit, some places want a voided check for whatever reason, etc. Frequently I help people who are requesting temporary checks because they ran into a situation like that, and hadn't ordered checks for their accounts. But now that I think about it, having a piece of paper with my name, account #, and routing # in an easy to steal place like a purse might not be the best idea. I might consider keeping them at home in a safe place instead, but I like having a checkbook.

So am I old fashioned or do you like having paper checks too?
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Yes, I have a check book but I don't carry it around with me. I like to pay certain things with checks but I carry so much stuff in my purse that it'd be easy to fall out if I pull things out too fast.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

I have them at home in case I need my routing number and account number...I cant remember the last time I wrote a check
  4. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    I do have a checkbook that I use exclusively to pay rent. I never carry it with me. I have never been to a place that doesnt accept credit/debit with the exception of like, pumpkins patches and stuff like that where you know you need to bring cash.
  5. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

I actually carry two with me. One for our joint account and one for my business account for posh/31. People think Im nuts for having them but I prefer to pay some of my bills with checks and it is just convenient for me to have.

6. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    I do have a checkbook that I use exclusively to pay rent. I never carry it with me. I have never been to a place that doesnt accept credit/debit with the exception of like, pumpkins patches and stuff like that where you know you need to bring cash.
    I had never really noticed it until I moved to Killeen ... like the pet place where we usually board our dogs won't take a card, you have to either pay with cash or check. It was kind of a shock the first time I went to pick them up, because they hadn't told me when I boarded them and I guess I didn't notice the signage, luckily I had my checkbook with me though. I would have been super irritated to make another trip to get a card.
  7. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    nope. i have checks in a drawer some where.. i think.

i've only wrote one check in my life and that was a payment for our fence in our old house.

8. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Yup. I have checks and I carry them in my purse. I use them for a few bills and my register to balance all my debit transactions as well. They came in really handy this week too when I went to the grocery store and their debit machines had all been hacked so it was cash or check only and I didn't have cash. Saved my butt being able to just whip out a check.

I have business checks as well but those I don't carry with me and rarely use.
  9. Senior Member
    I have one in my wallet that I do use occasionally. I used to pay my trash with a check .. cause they didn't have anything online. I just moved but will be paying rent here with a check because there's a fee to pay online. Also there's a local smoothie shop that doesn't take cards so I have written a dang $4 check for a smoothie before because I didn't have cash haha.
  10. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Oh yeah, I pay my water bill with a check too (usually), because it's an extra $2.00 if you pay online with a debit card. I think that's kind of backwards!!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast