Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: budgeting help

1. Senior Member

Help budgeting help

Advertisements
    So, im wanting to really get down to it and make a strict budget, and start seriously paying off our debts (mortgage aside) Currently, im a SAHM, and idealy, wed like that to stay the same. Our son has SPD and has a ton of therapy appointments, plus has a fairly strict schedule/sensory diet that needs to be followed at home on a daily basis. I guess basically, im looking for websites/apps that we can use to try to help us pay down some stuff tia
  2. sassypants
    sassypants
    mint.com is good to get an idea,
    rocket_liz is my wifey
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WiggleWiggle~ View Post
    mint.com is good to get an idea,
    thanks!
  4. Senior Member
    Look into Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. He has a website with the information, a more comprehensive book, forums, radio pod cast, etc. DH and I paid off like $30k 3 years ago using his method. He really helps to reel in your budget and meet your goals.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    DH and I use mint.com and the Dave Ramsey plan, so I am just repeating what other posters have said, but I guess I am seconding the effectiveness. So far this year we have paid down a lot of debt and are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! After this month, we are hoping to be in single digits!

Many for you that you find a system that works for you, because I am so tired of being in debt myself and feel that pain.

6. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Can any of you give a cliff notes or quick breakdown of either mint.com or dave ramsey's plan?

I'm fairly good with our money and budget and I'm at a loss how I can take what we currently make (without adding or subtracting) and paying things off in just a matter of a few years.. without the help of extra job, borrowed money, etc. I've heard about Dave Ramsey before and just have been hesitant to plunge for that.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  7. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Can any of you give a cliff notes or quick breakdown of either mint.com or dave ramsey's plan?

I'm fairly good with our money and budget and I'm at a loss how I can take what we currently make (without adding or subtracting) and paying things off in just a matter of a few years.. without the help of extra job, borrowed money, etc. I've heard about Dave Ramsey before and just have been hesitant to plunge for that.
    We follow a portion of Dave thing with the envelope method. But we only take out our food, gas, allowance, for it since we don't know of we will be spending in pounds or dollars. It's really helped us keep our food and has in check.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

8. The army may have my man, but I have his heart.
    The army may have my man, but I have his heart.
    Blog Entries
    I am about to use mint.com for just better utilization of my money, and to try to pay off some student loans faster!
  9. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    i went to mint.com, and i already do that with my program at home.
    Dave Ramsey.. i went to his website and you can only go so far before you have to sign up and ultimately pay.. didn't get a whole lot of info.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  10. Senior Member
    You Need A Budget (YNAB) is a GREAT budgeting tool. It's a webpage, desktop app, and phone app that lets you instantly see how your budget stands. A lot of people I know use this in conjunction with the Dave Ramsey method. It's much more organized than mint.com.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast