Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Budgeting Apps?

1. Senior Member

Budgeting Apps?

Advertisements
    Does anyone know of any good budgeting apps? I'm doing some research online, but I like to hear what people have to say about apps they like, especially if I have to pay for it

My ideal budgeting app would be able to link to our bank account. We would be able to set our budget categories, like groceries, gas, the mortgage, dog stuff, etc. and when the debit hit our account, we could assign it to each category and it would keep track of how much we've spent in each category and how much we have left. Also, it has to be shareable, so DH and I both can edit/have access to it.

DH and I are newly married and trying to get a handle on our budget since we're both kinda used to doing our own thing. He also tends to splurge more than I do, so I think having an app that can track and categorize it all is nice.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Man I must be out of it today. when I first read the title to the thread I though it was talking about budgeting your apps. I was like wow you must have a lot of apps and spend a lot of money on them to need a budget.

Sorry I don't have any ideas but I wanna follow this thread to see if anyone else does.

camandcmh, 867-5309, and chicalelo are my sister wives
    Skatie
    is my husker twin GO BIG RED!!
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Love_my_airmanNP View Post
    Man I must be out of it today. when I first read the title to the thread I though it was talking about budgeting your apps. I was like wow you must have a lot of apps and spend a lot of money on them to need a budget.

Sorry I don't have any ideas but I wanna follow this thread to see if anyone else does.
    Hahaha! No, thank goodness. That would be rather scary, lol.
  4. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Mint.come is one that I know a lot of people use and they have an app.

Also to go with the app I find this bill pay system to be hands down the best thing ever. I started doing it the beginning of the year and it has done wonders for us.
    Echoes of Laughter: The Absolute Easiest Way To Track, Pay & Organize Your Household Bills...No Filing Involved!
    I use a red pen to write the amount paid if it's over the amount due and then cross it out. I also add all the dates we get gas so we know how much we are spending on fuel. It works great.
  5. Senior Member
    Ive used mint.com and it is very nice but I just didnt feel like it gave me everything I needed. We now use Quicken on the computer and it links to the Quicken app on our phones so we can easily see what is left in the different categories. I have not used the app much to assign categories, I prefer doing that on the computer still.

We did pay for Quicken - 34.99 for the download and it is completely worth it imo.

6. Regular Member
    If you bank with USAA we have an ever-improving tool called USAA Money Manager that will allow you to see all accounts/track and categorize spending...it's free.
    J.J. Montanaro is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER practicioner with USAA Financial Planning Services one of the USAA family of companies.