Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: How do I stop credit card offers?

1. Banned
    Banned

How do I stop credit card offers?

Advertisements
    I seriously get at least 5 a week. I got 2 yesterday, and one today. It's really annoying since have no interest in getting a credit card. We just give them to Cameron to play with for a few minutes and when the paper gets soggy from drool, we rip them in half. I'm just tired of all the junk mail. Is there a way to "unsubscribe"? It would make me very happy.
  2. Senior Member
    Your probably getting them because of your bank, magazines you get, something you signed up for etc. If you give your address to a company for any reason, they can send you offers for 1 year. Not only that they can allow other companies that they have an association with can also send you offers.

The only way to stop them is to go to your bank and opt out of any offers from them or any 3rd party. Same with anything else like mortgages, magazines, things you may have signed up for. These companies do not make it easy to opt out and they know most people will just continue throwing away their offers rather than track down how to stop them.
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. Regular Member
    I did this a few years ago...seem to still get a fair number of offers. Anybody used this opt out and seen it work very well?
    J.J. Montanaro is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER practicioner with USAA Financial Planning Services one of the USAA family of companies.