Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: how much do you spend on a weekly basis

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

how much do you spend on a weekly basis

Advertisements
    not including bills. This is for "play" money and money that goes on food?

I added how much I spend up a week and I am kind of ashamed to be honest I spent on an average of 500dollars a week and I have noooo idea how that is even possible

how do you limit your spending on the things you need verses the things you want.
  2. verabot89
    verabot89
    I just don't buy anything And then once in a while when I'm really dying for a snack/treat I'll get something for $6 or $7 and under, or I'll get a bottle of wine. If I had unlimited funds I would probably naturally spend around $200-300 a week but right now I'm limited to $80 every two weeks for gas and fun things. I get by. I spend time at friends houses instead of going out, and don't buy food. I just try and tell myself every time how unnecessary it is and think of something way better I could spend $6 on than a donut and coffee.

ETA: I also buy absolutely no clothes or items like that. But I have strict financial goals and a tight budget for this year so that's why.
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I spend about 50 a week, so that's about $75. Sometimes it's much less (25 last week ) and sometimes more.

"You are platinum in a world gone grey."
  4. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    I'm on a very limited budget, but it still is pretty hard to control it all. But in an average week, including food, but not gas, I probably spend around $60? Sometimes it's higher, sometimes it is lower. These days it is much lower, unless I am buying a bunch of groceries all at once.

But I have an app on my phone that helps me see my budget a lot better. It's the EEBA electronic envelope system. You can manage it online on the website and also through the app. And if you pay for the bonus stuff, it'd be even better. But I'm still working on finances and figuring out how to handle it all.

ETA: And it is VERY rare I buy clothes, go out to eat, go see a movie or anything like that. Most of my money really is groceries, or household items. Nothing fun, really.
  5. Senior Member
    Maybe like 100.
  6. Come along with me, misery loves company.
    Come along with me, misery loves company.

I've been spending like $80 a week on freaking coffee lately. I've decided to start cutting back, and eventually I want to quit coffee all together.
    Then like $40 a week on cigarettes. that'll be my next thing to quit.
    We don't eat out often but I would say average is like $10 a week?
  7. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    I bring my lunches to work with me and I try to bring my breakfast from home as well, so I spend at most about $30 a week on drinks or the occasional lunch out (Subway or something). If I include gas then it's be about 60 bucks a week because it takes ~$60 to fill up my car and I use half a tank a week going back and forth to work.

8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Gas, food & little items (including pet food) probably an average amount of $50 a week. Sometimes as little as $0 and sometimes as high as $200. I widely varies on whether or not its a pet ($125) or gas-up week ($60). I usually deduct every dollar from my paycheck and put it in an account for its intended purpose with the exception of $40-60 which is my 'play' money for the week.

I have to live like this because to spend time with DF, its typically a $1k - 1,500 expense divided between us. So I scrimp the rest of my time because we like to see each other every 4-6weeks.
  9. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by br33 View Post
    Gas, food & little items (including pet food) probably an average amount of $50 a week. Sometimes as little as $0 and sometimes as high as $200. I widely varies on whether or not its a pet ($125) or gas-up week ($60). I usually deduct every dollar from my paycheck and put it in an account for its intended purpose with the exception of $40-60 which is my 'play' money for the week.

I have to live like this because to spend time with DF, its typically a $1k - 1,500 expense divided between us. So I scrimp the rest of my time because we like to see each other every 4-6weeks.
    Sheesh that's expensive!! Sounds like you guys have it all worked out though! Are you going to be moving to him once you get married?

10. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    If we're counting things we NEED like food for ourselves and pets? I never eat out lately really besides maybe every other week. I get sandwiches made at work...)

Then about $100-$200 a week depending on what meals I make, and depending on if the cat or pup need food. Sometimes it's a lot less than that if we just need perishable foods. (like veggies, fruit, fresh meat, and extc.) I don't buy extra stuff on a weekly basis though.... All my extra "play money" after bills goes towards food, the dog, cat, and DD..
    Signature removed due to size.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast