Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you like/dislike about your bank?

1. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

What do you like/dislike about your bank?

Advertisements
    Hey I'm trying to put a little something together and would appreciate any feedback ya'll have. Just wondering about the pros and cons everyone has with their bank. It's not even really important who you bank with I just wanted to get a general feel and see if there's anything that would help me in my job.

I'll start, I bank with USAA. I really like them because every time I interact with them they go above and beyond what I asked for. Instead of just helping me with the problem I bring to them they also review my account and let me know if anything's amiss. When DH deployed I forgot to change the insurance on his car to the car being in storage and not being driven. The USAA rep changed it for me, backdated it to the date DH deployed and refunded me the difference.

I also like that their website and online banking is easy to use. And how I can deposit checks at the ATM.

Only real dislike I have is that I wish there was somewhere I could cash checks.
  2. Senior Member
    Like: small bank with limited branches. I'm not treated like a number.

Dislike: I don't get perks of being at a larger bank. Less frequent free ATM transactions at non-branch ATMs. Minor fees, stricter standards so they don't get burned, etc.

This all is part of the smaller bank experience. Which I think is a fair payoff.
  3. ...
    I have USAA too. I love that I can do almost everything on my phone, I love that I can get a credit card that supports a military organization (my card supports the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America). I do miss having branches where I can cash checks.
  4. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    I use Bank of America, I really like their customer service, their freaking AMAZING, easy to use ATMs, and their multiple-option accounts.

What I hate? They foreclose on people left right and sideways, and are generally responsible in part for the collapse of the economy.
  5. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by linzerfufu View Post
    I use Bank of America, I really like their customer service, their freaking AMAZING, easy to use ATMs, and their multiple-option accounts.

What I hate? They foreclose on people left right and sideways, and are generally responsible in part for the collapse of the economy.
    Someone told me that BoA charges you if you have a debit card, is that the case? It doesn't sound right to me but I've never banked with them before ...
  6. There's no testimony without the test.
    There's no testimony without the test.
    USAA - I love that I can transfer money from checking to savings with a click of a button. I love that as soon as I buy something it shows up almost immediately online. I have an account with another bank that it takes 3-5 days for withdrawels and purchases to show up.

I don't have any dislikes.
  7. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Someone told me that BoA charges you if you have a debit card, is that the case? It doesn't sound right to me but I've never banked with them before ...
    They did that for like .00000002 seconds and then their entire customer base revolted and threatened to find another bank immediately and they realized that was NOT the way to make money.

Right now I have an online only account, which means I can bank online or through ATMs but can't go into an actual branch. If I do, I get charged a fee. It works for me, though, because I never used to go to branches to begin with. This type of account is designed for people who aren't holding onto a lot of cash and assets. I like it. It's free and easy, and I can always call customer service if there is a problem with my account. Honestly, that's usually more effective. More power, in a lot of ways.
  8. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by linzerfufu View Post
    They did that for like .00000002 seconds and then their entire customer base revolted and threatened to find another bank immediately and they realized that was NOT the way to make money.
    Ahh ok that makes sense.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Hey I'm trying to put a little something together and would appreciate any feedback ya'll have. Just wondering about the pros and cons everyone has with their bank. It's not even really important who you bank with I just wanted to get a general feel and see if there's anything that would help me in my job.

I'll start, I bank with USAA. I really like them because every time I interact with them they go above and beyond what I asked for. Instead of just helping me with the problem I bring to them they also review my account and let me know if anything's amiss. When DH deployed I forgot to change the insurance on his car to the car being in storage and not being driven. The USAA rep changed it for me, backdated it to the date DH deployed and refunded me the difference.

I also like that their website and online banking is easy to use. And how I can deposit checks at the ATM.

Only real dislike I have is that I wish there was somewhere I could cash checks.
    You know that either using a smartphone app or a scanner at home, you can scan checks in instantly, right? Just checking! (not the account, I mean that I'm verifying that you know lol)
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

10. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    You know that either using a smartphone app or a scanner at home, you can scan checks in instantly, right? Just checking! (not the account, I mean that I'm verifying that you know lol)
    I've heard that but I haven't tried it yet! I actually don't mind going to the ATM to deposit checks ... I just wish I had somewhere to actually cash them. I mean I know I can deposit the check and then withdraw the cash but it's not the same. I don't like seeing the withdrawal on my bank account lol, I'm kind of picky about that. It's a very small complaint though.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast