Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Western Union Transfers?

1. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Western Union Transfers?

Advertisements
    Okay so I kind of put myself in a bind this week with money, I accidentally paid my phone bill and my car bill is due on Saturday and I was little short for the payment since I paid out the wrong bill on the wrong date (I know ) so DB being my saving grace sent me a western union money transfer this morning so I wouldn't have to ask my mom to help me instead since she probably wouldn't be too happy about that. They said it would be ready to pick up at any location in my area by today so I'm leaving work in about 45 minutes to go pick it up but I have NO idea what I need or anything to get it. I know ID is an obvious one but do you need a confirmation number or anything else? I've googled it but I keep getting mixed responses and the website isn't working for me. Also, DB is in the field training till proably like 9:30 so I don't think I'll be able to get ahold of him before hand and I'm just worried I'm going to need some kind of reference number or something to pick this up and I really need it by tonight.

So has anyone else dealt with Western Union transfers?? I'm clueless

2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Usually you'll only need to fill out the receive form that they have there & show your ID. Sometimes you'll need the MTCN (money transfer control number).

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    The only thing I've ever needed was my ID, and the answer to a security question if the sender opted for one. (It'd obviously be something you should know like, "where do you go to school, where did you meet your SO, etc).

4. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    Usually you'll only need to fill out the receive form that they have there & show your ID. Sometimes you'll need the MTCN (money transfer control number).
    Quote Originally Posted by *YDoIGrowPeople* View Post
    The only thing I've ever needed was my ID, and the answer to a security question if the sender opted for one. (It'd obviously be something you should know like, "where do you go to school, where did you meet your SO, etc).
    Okay cool. It was the MTCN that scared me I was like crap he didn't tell me anything! I should be okay then.
    Thanks for the responses ladies