Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: how much do you put back each check?

1. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.

how much do you put back each check?

Advertisements
    in savings.. if you don't mind saying.

right now we're saving so much more than i thought i ever could and im really happy about it.

i make cash every day at work and i get paid for my hourly rate on the 5th and 20th.(which i will deposit) i'm the trainer at work so i get to keep my trainees tips amongst my own tables tips so we only spend what i make on every day stuff like eating out, groceries, diapers, formula and all of that.

for kevin's check we have only paid the internet, cable,(150$ for both of those) both phone bills(100$ total), life insurance(20$) and both car insurance(200$ total). and i bought 20$ in baby head bands on etsy. there's about 850$ left over and we put that in savings.

these are our only bills so next check we won't have anything come out and i'm hoping we won't touch the whole check and just keep spending the cash i make which would put us saving almost 2000$ for the month.

for me personally thats a lot! before we were only saving like 100-200$ a check.

i guess it also helps i don't ever have time to spend anything.

2. Banned
    Banned
    I save a very little amount- about 50 dollars a check.

DH saves about 4,000 a month from his pay and allowances.
    :)
    Blog Entries
    Sadly we don't save anything. DH only works 6 hours a day 5 days a week (sometimes not even that) so his check sucks and he wants me to stay home with our girls. We saved a ton while he was deployed...2000 a month but that's gone after getting our truck, going to Cali for my baby cousin's funeral and trying to fix our explorer that is now sitting in the damn carport and doesn't run anymore (money wasted). I am hoping to help DH find a new job where he makes more so we can start saving.

♥ 2,000oz of boobie milk donated ♥

better2gether is my Irish Twin Mommy Wifey!
  4. Senior Member
    i started saving about 50 a check in may, although sometimes i would do 100 or more depending on how much i had left. i was mainly saving in preparation for when DB and i get an apartment so im gonna be touching it to buy things we need. i havent come up with a savings plan for when we're in the apartment yet. im gonna see how things go and plan when i get used to paying utilities and such
  5. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    MF saves about 1200 a month. I contribute nothing since all my money is student loans. So really I am a money suck
  6. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    we save 10% of our income every month..

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  7. Senior Member
    I am in debt payment mode so right now I have an emergency savings of $1000 and everything else goes to debt. After that I will start saving again.
  8. Senior Member
    Since the move has changed so much (DH's income due to COLA, our expenses, my loss of income, etc.), we have no idea what our current finances will look like when the dust settles.

At a minimum, we'll keep investing in our Roths, so that would be about $916 per month, and a couple automatic monthly investments we have. Hopefully it will be much more than that though, but I can't say how much just yet.

Do keep in mind that with the debt ceiling deal, SSI (social security) withholding is increasing by a couple %, so any paycheck that pays SSI is going to see a reduction.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  9. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    I don't work, and we have credit card debt, so most of DH's paycheck goes to bills. We don't usually pocket much if any. Once I start working, my paycheck will go into Madison's Savings Account-- so hopefully around $1,000 a month (I'm not ashamed to admit that I am NOT a full time working kind of girl )

be cool.
  10. skp
    The journey is the reward.
    The journey is the reward.
    Honestly, about 50% of my pay goes into savings. I pay rent, parking and utilities and after that I'll either pay my card (depending if there's payment due) or put the rest into savings. I'm saving for very specific goals in the next year!

br33 is my professional deployment twin
    starsinthesky is my PAL
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast