Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: so stressed let there be hope please help!

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

so stressed let there be hope please help!

Advertisements
    HI,
    MY HUSBAND JUST GRADUATED BOOT CAMP AND THE ARMY IS SENDING HIM TO FT.CAMPBELL.WE HAVE 2 LITTLE ONES A 1 AND 2 YEAR OLD. IVE DONE WORRIED MYSELF SICK OUR CREDIT IS HORRIBLE WE NEED A CAR AND MONEY IS TIGHT BOTH SIDES OF FAMILY DOES ANY ONE HAVE ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO NEXT OR KNOW IF THERE IS A PROGRAM IN THE ARMY THAT WILL HELP AND WORK WITH US THANK YOU.
  2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I think there is a program where you can get emergency loans and it comes out of his paycheck, but I forgot what it's called, we never used it before ... I'm sure someone else will know what I'm talking about though.

I'm going to go ahead and move your thread to the general financial section because it'll get more responses there and isn't a USAA specific question.
  3. Senior Member
    Best thing to do would be to get a cash car if you can save for it and have your DH hitch rides for a bit (maybe live on base so he's close by?). Otherwise I know a lot of the SNCO's here will help new guys talk to dealerships etc. My friend was able to get a carloan with bad credit, she pays a ridiculous interest rate though on it but she didn't have to pay much down.
  4. Regular Member
    Check in with the folks at Army Community Services. They offer financial counseling and even financial assistance through Army Emergency Relief. He should also talk to his NCOs (who can help him tap into the above mentioned resources). The important thing is to get things going right away...and not let them put you in a bigger and bigger hole!
    J.J. Montanaro is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER practicioner with USAA Financial Planning Services one of the USAA family of companies.