Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Excel Spreadsheet Template - Cost of Materials?

1. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech

Confused Excel Spreadsheet Template - Cost of Materials?

Advertisements
    This seems like the right place to ask...

It's been entirely too long since I took any econ classes and my brain isn't working right now. But I'm trying to create an excel spreadsheet to keep track of cost of materials to determine cost of production of something that I'm thinking about selling. But I want to make sure that I'll be making a profit (and by how much). I've been googling things but nothing is coming up right. Thought there might be an excel spreadsheet template.

For instance, I have to buy wood and cut it to size but it's a sheet so it's a single price. It'd be easier to plug in a formula to see how much each cut piece will cost me. Paint, hardware, etc.

Does anyone know how you'd describe this so I can potentially find an actual template to make my life easier and to guarantee I'm not leaving any crucial information out? TIA.
  2. Senior Member
    I can totally help you, just not right this second. I have to get my Mom from the airport and probably eat dinner. I'll definitely help you out later though! PM any information you think is crucial.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  3. Senior Member
    itd be way easier to make your own spreadsheet because of the specific formulas you want.

Here we go again.....#3
  4. Senior Member
    I just looked at your question, and I realized you were asking for a template. I can guarantee there isn't going to be a template out there specifically for you. You're going to have to make your own formulas based on what you need.

Also for your cost of cut pieces, you will have to figure out how many whole sheets you would need, then how many items you could make out of those whole sheets, then the scrap left over.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  5. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech
    Thanks. I had started one of my own and when my husband got home, he helped a bit. I'll have to fine tune it when I get all of the materials. If I have any more questions about it, I would love to show what I have to see if I'm missing anything.