Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Payday Question

1. Regular Member

Payday Question

Advertisements
    DB should've gotten his first paycheck today, but it never showed up. He started BCT before the 1st, but we knew it wasn't going to come then (too soon), so it should've been today to receive the first pay. He's had to replace his boots twice already (they keep falling apart, of course), and I know they take the money to pay for them straight out of his check along with the rest of his uniforms. Would they have held it for another period because of that?

He got the paperwork on time, so I don't think that should be a problem...but ya never know. I don't know if maybe it had to be adjusted to pay for the boots, or if they'd just take it out of the next one. Either way, we didn't receive the $$ like we thought we would. Any thoughts?
    Banned
    Give it until tonight at midnight. And then if it still isn't situated, he will have to speak to someone about it.
  3. Senior Member
    It'll probably hit on the first. sometimes it takes a while. It depends on when finance filed his paperwork, which isn't necessarily when he filled it out, kwim?
  4. Regular Member
    Hmm, ok. I'll see what happens and let him know what's going on asap. Thanks!!
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maegan View Post
    It'll probably hit on the first. sometimes it takes a while. It depends on when finance filed his paperwork, which isn't necessarily when he filled it out, kwim?
    This. When DH was in boot camp, it was a month before his pay kicked in.

6. Banned
    Banned
    the normal before xx date does not apply in BC.

it can take 30-60 days depending on branch- the Marines take the longest at 45-60 days on average.
  7. Regular Member
    When DH was in BCT, I waited over a month for the first check. It was the whole month's pay though. And yes they do take out an allowance for what they need, but I believe it was only a few hundred. I wouldn't be concerned until it hits the 30+ mark, but I know how frustrating it can be waiting for pay!
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MyDrAwesome37 View Post
    He's had to replace his boots twice already (they keep falling apart, of course), and I know they take the money to pay for them straight out of his check along with the rest of his uniforms.
    And if he has gone through two pairs of boots in a little over two weeks I would expect them to be replaced at no cost because of them being defective. There is no way they should be falling apart so quickly.
  9. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    Agree it can take a while to get the first pay. Just because he started the 1st does not mean he gets his pay the 15th.
    It could take 30-60 days, some people don't even see their first check until the end of BCT (rare but happens)
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  10. Regular Member
    Ahh thanks a lot everyone!! I wasn't aware of the 30-day thing...still so new to this. Makes a lot more sense now!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast