Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAH & dependency

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Blog Entries

BAH & dependency

Advertisements
    I feel crazy but my husband won't ask these questions unless I ask 5 million times for him to. So here we go!

BAH:
    1. We applied for advanced bah & wanted to know if we will get advanced bah ALONG with regular bah (which is supposed to kick in this pay period)
    2. I heard you get paid back bah from the day you were married. When will this pay kick in?
    3. with the advanced bah, will we get partial amount or full amount?

Dependency & other stuff:
    1. What all do they get paid for when it comes to dependents & marriage? This still confuses me because it was never made clear to me.
    2. Does CDC go by income? (we have a 2yr old)

So far that's all I can think of. I had a million & one questions in my head but i forgot them of course. HELP!!!
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    you only get paid for being married with extra for BAH or if your in an area that recieves COLA.
    And yes the cdc goes by combined income.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    you only get paid for being married with extra for BAH or if your in an area that recieves COLA.
    And yes the cdc goes by combined income.
    ditto....nothing more than like 200 or 250 for married with deps with BAH.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    BAH:
    1. We applied for advanced bah & wanted to know if we will get advanced bah ALONG with regular bah (which is supposed to kick in this pay period) yes the advance is a loan, and will not effect your reg BAH
    2. I heard you get paid back bah from the day you were married. When will this pay kick in? this will be in the pay and it will be paid all at once - once the BAH starts- usually 2-6 weeks after marriage
    3. with the advanced bah, will we get partial amount or full amount?the full amount of what ever you asked for from 1-3 months in advance

1. What all do they get paid for when it comes to dependents & marriage? This still confuses me because it was never made clear to me. nothing there is no additional pay for being married or having dependants- IF you live in an Area that has COLA this is based on with or with out dependents, AND BAH is paid with or without dep
    Yes, total household income
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by d_tease View Post
    2. I heard you get paid back bah from the day you were married. When will this pay kick in?
    Whether he will get BAH from the date of your marriage or not depends. Did they make him live in the barracks when he first checked into the base because he was not listed in the system as married? If so, BAH may only be backdated to the day he checked out of the barracks.
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Blog Entries
    I swear your like a lifesaver! Okay. so this is the thing that confuses me. since we applied & got approved for advanced bah are we going to recieve the full amount of bah or partial & will whatever advanced bah we recieve this pay be accompanied by the regular bah that we're supposed to start getting this pay anyways?
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    BAH:
    1. We applied for advanced bah & wanted to know if we will get advanced bah ALONG with regular bah (which is supposed to kick in this pay period) yes the advance is a loan, and will not effect your reg BAH
    2. I heard you get paid back bah from the day you were married. When will this pay kick in? this will be in the pay and it will be paid all at once - once the BAH starts- usually 2-6 weeks after marriage
    3. with the advanced bah, will we get partial amount or full amount?the full amount of what ever you asked for from 1-3 months in advance

1. What all do they get paid for when it comes to dependents & marriage? This still confuses me because it was never made clear to me. nothing there is no additional pay for being married or having dependants- IF you live in an Area that has COLA this is based on with or with out dependents, AND BAH is paid with or without dep
    Yes, total household income
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Blog Entries
    He was listed as married when he first got to his duty station for in processing & then they sent him to his unit & they let him stay in the barracks for a week but by like the 3rd day they were like you have to be out by Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by dekeoboe View Post
    Whether he will get BAH from the date of your marriage or not depends. Did they make him live in the barracks when he first checked into the base because he was not listed in the system as married? If so, BAH may only be backdated to the day he checked out of the barracks.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    The only question I can answer is #2. We got married on 12/20, and we got partial BAH on 1/1's paycheck. After that, we didn't receive any back BAH until the 2/1 paycheck because we had to be married for a full month before we'd start getting full BAH.
  9. Senior Member
    He was listed as married when he first got to his duty station for in processing & then they sent him to his unit & they let him stay in the barracks for a week but by like the 3rd day they were like you have to be out by Friday.
    Did he ask whether he was going to get BAH for the time he was in the barracks? They can be charged for the time they are in the barracks.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    I swear your like a lifesaver! Okay. so this is the thing that confuses me. since we applied & got approved for advanced bah are we going to recieve the full amount of bah or partial & will whatever advanced bah we recieve this pay be accompanied by the regular bah that we're supposed to start getting this pay anyways?
    as I stated the BAH advance is a loan- paid all at once- your reg BAH will not be effected.

you will get the back dated BAH on one check, so if you got married june 1st the BAH will be paid for 1 june to 15 june, 15 june to 30 june then july 1 to july 15th. then on August 1st you will get the balance of Julys BAH.

BAH is paid retroactively on the 15th and the 1st.

they most likely will not take money out for the time he spent in barracks so do not worry about that too much
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast