Mombie.

How much did you spend on..

Advertisements
    -Installing an air conditioner

-Alarm system

-New windows/doors

-Remodeling a bathroom

-Hardwood floors

These are the things we'd like to get put in before we move. We close in about 2 1/2 weeks so we don't have a lot of time to get these things handled.

2. Banned
    Banned
    we bought new- so we did not need to do any of that--

however we are redoing the floors and putting in wood look tile - for 900 sq ft with instalation and materials it will be 8700 dollars.
  3. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    we bought new- so we did not need to do any of that--

however we are redoing the floors and putting in wood look tile - for 900 sq ft with instalation and materials it will be 8700 dollars.

Jeez! That's a lot of money!

We don't have to have that stuff installed, buuuuut, I want it.

4. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by sqrllvr123 View Post
    -Installing an air conditioner

-Alarm system

-New windows/doors

-Remodeling a bathroom

-Hardwood floors

These are the things we'd like to get put in before we move. We close in about 2 1/2 weeks so we don't have a lot of time to get these things handled.

A/C was already installed, however we quoted for a new one and for our 2000sqft home it was about $5000

We put in new windows (including changing a picture window to a bay window) and the total for all windows (about 15 windows and one bay window) it was about $13,000

We put in a new sliding door that cost $5000, we haven't replaced any other doors, but those are usually less than $100 at home depot

Bathroom.. depends on the size. Our guest bath that is smaller (toilet and sink) will run us about $800-$1000 (for paint, tile and new sink) doing it ourselves.

Hardwood floors... we did our main level, approx 800sqft and it cost us $3000, using bamboo flooring and done by a contractor (that includes materials and installation, and we got to keep all the extra hard wood to use later for our stairs).

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sqrllvr123 View Post

Jeez! That's a lot of money!

We don't have to have that stuff installed, buuuuut, I want it.
    yea it is expensive, but it is soo beautiful, it gets installed on the 17th of this month. I will post pics when it is all done!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We had a heat pump installed in April because the A/C had so many leaks. It was $3600 after a discount because we had a service contract with the company to do twice a year maintenance checks. We then got $800 in rebates from the manufacturer and the Power company.

We remodeled our downstairs 1/2 bath (new vanity, fixing the wood floors for a different footprint, new paint and decor) and spent just under $400.

We were going to install wood floors in the Living Room and Dining Room but decided to wait since he got orders and we'll do it when we go back. Materials are going to cost us right around $1000 and we're installing ourselves.

We retiled a laundry room and tiled a bathroom for just under $300 in materials (I got expensive tile for my laundry room). We installed.

We re-carpeted the Family Room for $362, including installation with cheap, neutral builder grade carpet just before we left. I wouldn't recommend it because it's not great quality, but it's fine for a tenant and we will replace it with better carpet when we get home.

*Disclaimer* We are do-it-yourselfers. We did the work on the bath and floors and will do the wood floors ourselves.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

We are looking at houses now and dh can't wait until he can start home improvement projects lol
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikatoka View Post
    We are looking at houses now and dh can't wait until he can start home improvement projects lol
    Be prepared, it's addictive!
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I am going to be stalking this thread, we're hoping to buy in the next few months

DH wanted me to go look at a house that was over 1/2 the rooms with wood panelling...I told him way since I know he'll be deploying before we could fix it, I just can't look at wood panelling for a year +

PS... for closing soon!
  10. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

We got an alarm system installed yesterday and they paid half if we kept their sign up for a year as advertisement for them. Then after mail in rebate and a discount, we only paid 25$. Our bill is only going to be around 45-50$ a month. It's a pretty cool system too! All the other stuff was installed already sinceo urh ouse is new... we dont have a/c here lol.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast