Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joining Navy Fed. Credit Union

1. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket

Joining Navy Fed. Credit Union

Advertisements
    Does anyone know if I can join Navy Fed. before DF and I are married? Wells Fargo is screwing me left, right, and upside-down lately, and I am so sick of it. I don't want to wait until January when we are married to switch banks.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    You'll have to wait as far as I know.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. Banned
    Banned
    if you have a parent that is a veteran you can join, if not you will have to wait to be a dependent. sorry
  4. Regular Member
    Yes I was a joint user when my husband and I were dating only on his account. I just could not get my own account until we were married.
  5. Senior Member
    if you and DF share an address than you can join. otherwise, unless you have a parent thats a part of NFCU, you will have to wait.
    we kicked deployment #2's butt!

6. Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Blog Entries
    I got a savings account, checking account, credit card and motorcycle loan, while we were engaged ...and it was my own it wasnt connected to his account at all!

He even told them that we were engaged.

Jen2407 is my Wifey!

Come Check us out... Items designed for MilSo's!!
    Operation Military Sweethearts
  7. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkyLee View Post
    I got a savings account, checking account, credit card and motorcycle loan, while we were engaged ...and it was my own it wasnt connected to him at all!

He even told them that we were engaged.
    I'd be happy with just a checking account I really hope they let me because Wells Fargo is so mean. They've lost my replacement debit cards 3 times now and I haven't been able to access my checking account in 4 weeks. And they keep charging me fees on my credit card for identity protection that I didn't sign up for. I just want out!
  8. Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    I'd be happy with just a checking account I really hope they let me because Wells Fargo is so mean. They've lost my replacement debit cards 3 times now and I haven't been able to access my checking account in 4 weeks. And they keep charging me fees on my credit card for identity protection that I didn't sign up for. I just want out!
    When DH and I were engaged he called NavyFed and said "I want to get an account for my Fiancee. She's with BofA and hates it" ...they set up my account right then and there. Once I received my access number I set up my own savings, then requested a credit card (which they gave me with a very large limit) and we went in and took out a loan for the motorcycle I bought him for his birthday.

Jen2407 is my Wifey!

Come Check us out... Items designed for MilSo's!!
    Operation Military Sweethearts
  9. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    When DH and I were engaged he called NavyFed and said "I want to get an account for my Fiancee. She's with BofA and hates it" ...they set up my account right then and there. Once I received my access number I set up my own savings, then requested a credit card (which they gave me with a very large limit) and we went in and took out a loan for the motorcycle I bought him for his birthday.
    Awesome! DF is deployed but when he gets home we are going to try to get me an account. Glad to know it worked out well for you. Thanks!
  10. Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    So your then DF called and set up the account via the phone with NF with you as an account holder on it? Then once you recieved all of the NFCU paperwork you went and added a savings account to that main checking account aswell as a CC. Then you both went in and signed for the loan for the motorcycle?

So in other words.. you were a cosign with your DF which is how you got access??
    Florida girl in a Snowy World
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast