Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Anyone familiar with tax lingo?

1. Senior Member

Confused Anyone familiar with tax lingo?

Advertisements
    My return was rejected by the IRS with this error notice...

0931 - Form 1040/1040A - When Filing Status equals "1" or "3" and Exempt Self is significant and Total Boxes Checked, Must Itemize Indicator and Modified Standard Deduction Ind are blank and Schedule A is not present with the return, the Total Itemized or Standard Deduction must equal $5,800.

It's all greek to me.
    I can't call them until next week to clarify because I work full days, until tuesday.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Nope. Not a clue.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. skp
    The journey is the reward.
    I think it means there are a few things wrong/missing. Basically, it's not all adding up. With accounting if the numbers don't match in the end

Do you need a schedule A? (Itemized deductions)

Did you use a program like Turbo Tax?

br33 is my professional deployment twin
    starsinthesky is my PAL
  4. Senior Member
    I'm in Houston (by way of Detroit), He's in San Antonio!!
    isn't the standard deduction 5800? so I read that to say that you didn't have any special circumstances, and you didn't turn in an itemized deduction list, so you should deduct 5800. did you put something else for your deduction there?

I added quotation marks because I think those phrases are just basically different boxes you can check or add in...so it's saying those 3 are blank, and there's not a schedule A, so where it says standard deduction it should say 5800
    " Total Boxes Checked", "Must Itemize Indicator" and "Modified Standard Deduction Ind" are blank and Schedule A is not present with the return, the Total Itemized or Standard Deduction must equal $5,800.
  5. skp
    Quote Originally Posted by livelearnlove View Post
    isn't the standard deduction 5800? so I read that to say that you didn't have any special circumstances, and you didn't turn in an itemized deduction list, so you should deduct 5800. did you put something else for your deduction there?

I added quotation marks because I think those phrases are just basically different boxes you can check or add in...so it's saying those 3 are blank, and there's not a schedule A, so where it says standard deduction it should say 5800
    " Total Boxes Checked", "Must Itemize Indicator" and "Modified Standard Deduction Ind" are blank and Schedule A is not present with the return, the Total Itemized or Standard Deduction must equal $5,800.

br33 is my professional deployment twin
    starsinthesky is my PAL
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by livelearnlove View Post

Ooohhh you're so smarrrttt.... I resubmitted.
    Thank you!
  7. Senior Member
    I'm in Houston (by way of Detroit), He's in San Antonio!!
    No prob! I had to read it slowly a few times because there were just too many words there. haha. hope it works now!!

and thanks for the reminder that I need to press submit on mine! hah