Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: If you have seen Infinity War (SPOILERS AHEAD!!!)

1. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Grumpy If you have seen Infinity War (SPOILERS AHEAD!!!)

Advertisements
    What did you think? Given my affection for the actor himself, I HATED THAT THEY "KILLED" LOKI. . .Again. I've been chit chatting with some people online who are like myself and we're all thinking of ways that he can still be alive. I saw the movie 2 weeks ago and I'm still pissed off that they did that. Honestly, Loki knew of Thanos' powers, his mindset and what not, and he decided to try to kill him with a dagger? I don't buy it, but what do you think? What did you like/not like about the movie itself? I thought all of the actors did an awesome job of bringing their characters to life.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

2. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    I like Infinity Wars but my DH hated it. I knew that all the Avengers were supposed to die at the hand of Thanos so I was expecting it but I was mad that Loki was gone in the opening scene.

3. Senior Member
    I think Loki really is dead this time. They've already played the trick where everybody thought he was dead when he wasn't. I think if they were to do that again, it would just really cheapen the movie.

I do not think Gamora is gone for good. I read some theory that her soul may be trapped in the Soul Stone, so there's actually hope of bringing her back.

I feel like they really made Vision a weak character in that movie. NGL I wasn't sad at all when he died. Actually, I was pretty annoyed they went through as much trouble as they did to save him.

I heard a theory that Captain Marvel, who Nick Fury paged in the after credits scene, and Nebula are going to get control of the Infinity Gauntlet somehow.

I definitely do not think all the heroes are "dead". Doctor Strange was able to see in the future and knew exactly what he was doing during his battle with Thanos. Everyone will be back. Eventually.

4. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by ALil2Naughty View Post
    What did you think? Given my affection for the actor himself, I HATED THAT THEY "KILLED" LOKI. . .Again. I've been chit chatting with some people online who are like myself and we're all thinking of ways that he can still be alive. I saw the movie 2 weeks ago and I'm still pissed off that they did that. Honestly, Loki knew of Thanos' powers, his mindset and what not, and he decided to try to kill him with a dagger? I don't buy it, but what do you think? What did you like/not like about the movie itself? I thought all of the actors did an awesome job of bringing their characters to life.
    Loki is fundamentally a colossal drama queen. Trying to kill Thanos with a dagger is exactly the kind of nonsense he would try.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  5. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I liked the movie, it was a good "popcorn flick" but I Didn't think about it too hard. Loki's death didn't hit me that hard but I think I only saw 2 of the Thor movies so I guess I am not that attached to his character. DH was freaking out the whole time thinking Cap would bite it haha.

I'm 100% positive most (but probably not all) of the people who died are going to "get better." I mean it's basically a tradition to kill off and then resurrect superheroes ... a more interesting alternative to me would be to bring in new people to wear the mask. For example I would totally not mind leaving Peter Parker dead but bringing in Miles Morales to take over as Spidey, kwim? Of course a bunch of racists would throw an absolute shitfit but I think it would be rad.

That being said, Guardians of the Galaxy 3 is supposed to be out in 2020 so I am curious how that will be handled. I think they may leave Gamora dead but prob everyone else will recover.
  6. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

In the comics, Nebula got the gauntlet from Thanos and turns back time 24 hours. If they go the direction of the comics, then that's what would happen. Loki may or may not be back. If they go a different route, like where only the people who were trapped in the soul stone were to come back, then Loki of course would stay gone because he died before all of that.

I thoroughly enjoyed Infinity War.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3