Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Trashy TV shows you love

1. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I bet she's small and I had no clue she was on her 3rd kid already! Last time i bothered paying attention to her she only had 2.
    Maybe we'll bump into her during your birthday weekend!

Those tips they get must be ah-maaaazing to put up with some of those guests.
    Tips? What tips?

Cooks don't get tips. The front-of-house equivalents may get them, but the man in that pokey little galley won't see a cent. We're doing unusually well for ourselves if we get beer or cigarettes!
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    If we ran into her, I'd totally invite her to join us. She'd be great at mule kicking that air hockey table.
    What happens underground stays underground. I'm so happy my snaps from that night never loaded. It got crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    Tips? What tips?

Cooks don't get tips. The front-of-house equivalents may get them, but the man in that pokey little galley won't see a cent. We're doing unusually well for ourselves if we get beer or cigarettes!
    On the show the chef gets an equal share of the tip. Is that not how it normally is?

3. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    What happens underground stays underground. I'm so happy my snaps from that night never loaded. It got crazy!

On the show the chef gets an equal share of the tip. Is that not how it normally is?
    ahahha I just remember being so sad about that lady D: </3
  4. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"

Not usually. In places where tipping isn't common it doesn't matter, but where tipping is the norm back of house generally doesn't get to play. It's the source of a loooot of salt.

If you get a percentage of tips at all, it's a very small one. It may not be cash at all; I'm seeing more and more places putting an option on the menu to "buy the kitchen a six-pack" instead - they know what we are!

The cramped quarters on board a yacht may be the only reason he gets anything, since they have to keep the peace while they're all living up each other's ass for the duration of the voyage.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567