Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trashy TV shows you love

1. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I've been watching Dance Academy, an Australian teen drama about kids at a dance school. I'm not sure it qualifies as trashy, but it's certainly cheesy and frivolous.
    Wait, that airs outside Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I was so into all those vh1 celeb reality shows. My personal favorite was Megan wants a millionaire, which was unfortunately canceled after like four episodes because one of the finalists MURDERED HIS WIFE.
    Holy mother of Christ on a bicycle. I...think we have a winner for "most absurd reality show drama".

Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    Dance Academy sounds like it qualifies as a good show though I love anything that has a confessional room, unnecessary drama between contestants, and/or cooking (bonus).
    You have no concept of how funny those cooking shows are to me. The Australian version of Masterchef is sadly too wholesome and lovely to provide good drama, but as a subgenre of reality TV they're hilarious. Everyone and their mother these days seems to think they can do what I can do, and...no sweetheart, you can't.

There's a British game show that I like called Pointless. I have absolutely no idea why I like it, but it delights me. The premise of the thing is that they have a group of I think about a hundred people coming up with answers. Then you're given a category (it could be something like "Presidents of the United States whose names don't end with an N") and you have to come up with an answer that none of those hundred gave. That "President" category...the first you think of is Obama, right? Closely followed by the Bush pair?

Those aren't good answers. They're technically correct, but they're not good answers specifically BECAUSE they were the first to come to mind. Think again, find another. It sounds easy, but depending on category it can be really hard!
  2. Moderator

I love every cooking/baking competition. I'm obsessed with Survivor and Amazing Race. The only really trashy one I love is The Challenge (MTV's answer to Survivor, basically). I could do without the drunken drama, but I love that they do actual physical/contact challenges and I love that they don't get straight up voted out- they get voted into a one-on-one arena so they still have at least a little bit of power to control their fate.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    Wait, that airs outside Australia?

!
    I'm pretty sure we watch it on Netflix. It's through our AppleTV, but I think via Netflix.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. Senior Member
    Dance. Moms.
  5. "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSisterWife View Post
    I love every cooking/baking competition. I'm obsessed with Survivor and Amazing Race. The only really trashy one I love is The Challenge (MTV's answer to Survivor, basically). I could do without the drunken drama, but I love that they do actual physical/contact challenges and I love that they don't get straight up voted out- they get voted into a one-on-one arena so they still have at least a little bit of power to control their fate.
    Amazing Race....yesssss. I have minor jealousy issues that they get to go everywhere.

Watching the cooking shows for me is one long succession of "You have about a minute before you realise you've made a terrible mistake with that...and THAT'S not going to work."

Mostly these shows use laymen who WANT to cook. When they say they've called in real working cooks, they're usually blatantly obvious as fresh out of culinary school, still wearing their very first whites and dumber than a bag of hammers.
  6. Moderator

[QUOTE=Matchbox;10058747]
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitla View Post
    I freaking love jenelle. And babs. Did you ever go to Walmart to see her?

Amazing Race....yesssss. I have minor jealousy issues that they get to go everywhere.

Watching the cooking shows for me is one long succession of "You have about a minute before you realise you've made a terrible mistake with that...and THAT'S not going to work."
    That's how I feel about the baking shows. My kids love watching them with me and they are sooooo impressed when I predict a cake will fall/be raw/stick when taken out. I'll let them think I'm clairvoyant for a few more years.
  7. "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSisterWife View Post

That's how I feel about the baking shows. My kids love watching them with me and they are sooooo impressed when I predict a cake will fall/be raw/stick when taken out. I'll let them think I'm clairvoyant for a few more years.
    There are only so many things I'm good at. Fake clairvoyance from watching other people screw up their food is the closest to genius I'll ever come. One day the small people may figure this out and stop believing in my powers, but...not yet
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Whitla View Post
    Everythang bravo just about. All of the real housewives shows, Vanderpump, southern charm, below deck and summerhouse.

I also like married at first sight and I watch teen mom 2. Oh and are you the one on MTV which is so creepy of me cause I'm like 29 and these kids are 21 and 22
    Definitely Bravo! I'm obsessed with Vanderpump Rules & Don't Be Tardy. Also a sucker for teen mom OG & 2, and Bachelor/Bachelorette/Paradise.
  9. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Survivor! I'm still convinced I'm going to be on that show one day.

I was balls deep into American idol every year but it's over now. I also love cooking shows like master chef.

life's a party, rock your body
  10. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rayfinkle View Post
    Survivor! I'm still convinced I'm going to be on that show one day.

I was balls deep into American idol every year but it's over now. I also love cooking shows like master chef.
    *GASP* SURVIVOR IS NOT TRASHY.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast